Need a cab for my BX 2350

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
Recommendations on different cab manufacturers? My tractor isn't listed on many manufacturer's websites. I see variants in the 23 series, but not many for the 2350. I found a Canadian company called Tektite that looks like they make a really nice one. http://tektite.ca/. It's expensive, but I don't know what the exchange rate is between us and Canada. They also don't list one specifically for my tractor, but they have them for the 2360, 2301, 2320, 2370, and 2360. So I would hope they can fab one of them to fit mine. I have a commercial snow removal company, and want to use this as a sidewalk machine. So, it's got to be a nice cab, have heat, wipers in front and back etc. One of my operators will be spending many hours in this at a time, so it's got to work well and be comfortable. I'm open to all other brands as well as long as it's a quality piece. I also need it to be a hard cab as it gets moved from site to site on trailers and I've read that the soft sided cabs don't "travel" well. All input is welcomed, thanks guys.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
I am eager to hear what the guys/gals here post. I can tell you one thing, looking at the Tektite, the use of the stock amber turn signals being the furthest out like they have them, will quickly be broken off, in your (or any) application. (The BX cabs anyway)

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Have a Curtis Cab on my B3200, tow 250miles in between homes as needed. Never have had an issue. I do bungy cord the doors and remove the rear plastic window during that trip. short trips shouldn't be a problem.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
The big problem that you and I share, is outdated models. I can still find a hard side cab for my B, but they want 5k. I built my own out of steel and safety glass for 1200 with an overhead console heater.

The new 70 series can have a soft side cab for 3200 ish. Sims has a bit of a bad rep on the online forums. Lousy customer service and missing parts come to mind. The Tektite look great, but I cant find them south of the border.

Im debating whether to get the cab with a possible new BX25D purchase. A member here Jetfire, has put up great videos on youtube and pictures here on OTT.

A cheap winter cab from orangeaftermarket can be had for 1000. Its not a permanent fixture, but for some running a snowblower it might be the cats ass.

Im not building another cab. Ill just shell out the coin next time. Mine took waaay longer and I rushed a few points and would prefer to do them over again. I lined the sides and roof in 1" thick armaflex sheet. It helped alot with the noise, but nothing compared to a factory cab. The multispeed pantographic wiper is nice, but it was the 3rd option I used. I will never move snow in our winds again without something covering me.

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
If I could, I'd get a cozy cab. Those are supposed to be WAY nicer than the Curtis. But the Tektite looks better to me than all of them. I may end up with a Curtis Cab. I'm going to have to call Tektite first though and find out how much this will cost me in American money out the door. I'm going to have over 20K invested in this damned thing to get it ready for snow duty, and I only paid 8K for the tractor itself! Oh well, it will definitely earn it's keep at work. Still need to find the best rotary broom I can for the dollar as well.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I dont believe Cozy Cab makes anything for Kubota.

The Tektite in pictures looks nicer than the Curtis. More glass, more factory like... the slope is a little too pronounced for me. The BX2670 says $4800, is it CAD?

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
Recommendations on different cab manufacturers? My tractor isn't listed on many manufacturer's websites. I see variants in the 23 series, but not many for the 2350. I found a Canadian company called Tektite that looks like they make a really nice one. http://tektite.ca/. It's expensive, but I don't know what the exchange rate is between us and Canada. They also don't list one specifically for my tractor, but they have them for the 2360, 2301, 2320, 2370, and 2360. So I would hope they can fab one of them to fit mine. I have a commercial snow removal company, and want to use this as a sidewalk machine. So, it's got to be a nice cab, have heat, wipers in front and back etc. One of my operators will be spending many hours in this at a time, so it's got to work well and be comfortable. I'm open to all other brands as well as long as it's a quality piece. I also need it to be a hard cab as it gets moved from site to site on trailers and I've read that the soft sided cabs don't "travel" well. All input is welcomed, thanks guys.
The exchange rate is about 30% Jodale makes cabs in morden manitoba canada