My Turn :(

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
So Wednesday I woke up and just didn't feel 'right'. Took a covid test (first time) and bingo I win the red line. So for the past 3 days I feel like crap. Just no energy, can't sleep well, eyes hurt and I have low grade headache. The worst part? I can't taste my coffee.
Being in the very high risk population (age 77 and a transplant recipient on immunosuppressants) I'm just thankful I had my 5th booster about 4 weeks ago.

So besides not being able to appreciate my coffee I have absolutely no oomph to do my pre-winter tractor servicing. Of course I'm not using it so it will just have to wait a week.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Sorry to hear. Feel better soon. Sort of in the same category as you as far as being high risk and on immunosuppressants, but due to autoimmune disease (systemic sclerosis) and not transplant. Supposedly never had covid, or at least tested positive, but 2 years ago had the worst headache of my life that lasted nearly 2 full months. Never had headaches in my life unless due to a hangover and that was years ago. Have had every covid vaccine available (last one a month or so ago) and just completed flu, pneumonia (the newest one), and RSV, over the last couple months.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am super careful not to get too close to people, and I know that CT and MA are running rampant with COVID-19. Even my chiropractor came down with it earlier this week. I have had all my vaccinations for Covid, RSV, Flu, etc. I only got Covid once when my wife brought it home, and I was over it with no ill effects in a few days.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So Wednesday I woke up and just didn't feel 'right'. Took a covid test (first time) and bingo I win the red line. So for the past 3 days I feel like crap. Just no energy, can't sleep well, eyes hurt and I have low grade headache. The worst part? I can't taste my coffee.
Being in the very high risk population (age 77 and a transplant recipient on immunosuppressants) I'm just thankful I had my 5th booster about 4 weeks ago.

So besides not being able to appreciate my coffee I have absolutely no oomph to do my pre-winter tractor servicing. Of course I'm not using it so it will just have to wait a week.
Given that you are on immunosuppressants, I would look into getting one of the additional treatments asap. Your vaccinations might not be able to create as many antibodies as usual.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Recommend Paxlovid ASAP if not contraindicated. The studies on it showed it was very effective at reducing the risk of death from Covid and the studies were on hospitalized patients with pretty severe cases.

One issue with it is the sooner you take it the better, and by the time you test positive and chase after a doc to get RX, etc. you have lost a few days. They recently changed the rules for it and now pharmacists can proscribe it so it's a bit easier to get quickly. I got some while I had Covid recently, too late to be useful for me, but now I have on hand for the next time anyone in my family may need it.

I've had plenty of vax and boosters and still got Covid a couple times, but both times were pretty negligable. I just felt mid-level crummy for a day or so, no respiratory symptoms, no loss of taste or smell. My wife just had it and started to loose taste, but not completely and it returned in a few days. Seems just another annual annoyance with the flu.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Wifey and I have gotten Covid shots and boosters. We've both had Covid - probably a couple times. She had what appeared to be Covid in late 2019 before it was fashionable - months prior to when it was supposed to have arrived.

Our whole family both near and several Zipcodes away (yes, vaxxed) has had it. Some of us multiple times. I've had frequent heartburn ever since my first Moderna shot, and am personally finished with vaccines. The CIC (Clowns In Charge) either have no real knowledge of the truth or worse - won't let it out.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Given that you are on immunosuppressants, I would look into getting one of the additional treatments asap. Your vaccinations might not be able to create as many antibodies as usual.
Thanks, normally a great suggestion. I checked and the most effective treatments are contra indicated for the immunosupressant I'm on. That was the first thing I looked into.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Wifey and I have gotten Covid shots and boosters. We've both had Covid - probably a couple times. She had what appeared to be Covid in late 2019 before it was fashionable - months prior to when it was supposed to have arrived.

Our whole family both near and several Zipcodes away (yes, vaxxed) has had it. Some of us multiple times. I've had frequent heartburn ever since my first Moderna shot, and am personally finished with vaccines. The CIC (Clowns In Charge) either have no real knowledge of the truth or worse - won't let it out.
Unfortunately people misremember symptoms that predated the "event" or in the case of something like heartburn they may well have agrevated a pre-existing condition stressing about conspiracy theories.

I have had three doses of Moderna and four doses of Pfizer with zero side effects other than the probable reduction in severity the two times I've had covid and the unknown number of times I've avoided catching it.

One thing I can say for sure is that Covid will screw with your BG if you are diabetic (long predates Covid). I didn't have it for the first round of Covid, but I've had a continuous glucose monitor for a couple years now and this second time I very clearly saw a change in my readings.

At first I thought I might have had a bad sensor since the BG change appeared about three days before any noticable symptoms. Indeed the symptoms were so modest I thought it was just a cold until my wife tested positive and then I tested.

After the Covid cleared my BG readings returned to normal. Science is real, the Covid conspiracy theoyies are not.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Unfortunately people misremember symptoms that predated the "event" or in the case of something like heartburn they may well have agrevated a pre-existing condition stressing about conspiracy theories.

I have had three doses of Moderna and four doses of Pfizer with zero side effects other than the probable reduction in severity the two times I've had covid and the unknown number of times I've avoided catching it.

One thing I can say for sure is that Covid will screw with your BG if you are diabetic (long predates Covid). I didn't have it for the first round of Covid, but I've had a continuous glucose monitor for a couple years now and this second time I very clearly saw a change in my readings.

At first I thought I might have had a bad sensor since the BG change appeared about three days before any noticable symptoms. Indeed the symptoms were so modest I thought it was just a cold until my wife tested positive and then I tested.

After the Covid cleared my BG readings returned to normal. Science is real, the Covid conspiracy theoyies are not.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What ever yah think!
I could not even walk after my Moderna booster.
Had to go to ER by ambulance.
Ain't NEVER doi'n Covid shots again!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks, normally a great suggestion. I checked and the most effective treatments are contra indicated for the immunosupressant I'm on. That was the first thing I looked into.
Argh. Fingers crossed your immune system will cope. I have a bone marrow problem that makes it less effective at responding to vaccinations, so trying to not need.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Argh. Fingers crossed your immune system will cope. I have a bone marrow problem that makes it less effective at responding to vaccinations, so trying to not need.
:)
Thanks - here it is 6 days after initial symptoms and I'm 90% back. Last night I had my first meal in that time and this am I feel great.

The real test is when I make my coffee later. Will I be able to taste it?

btw after I had my 1st round of covid shots I asked my doctor to order some test that is available to see how effective your body is in producing antibodies. I think I explained that right. Anyway, he was quite surprised that my 'number' was quite high (a good thing).

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Those shots effect people differently. Just because you didn't have an adverse reaction, it doesn't mean that it was all rainbows and unicorn farts for someone else.

I know a couple people personally that have had adverse reactions to the shots.

My wife was knocked down from a massive migraine for over a week that she couldn't shake. She's never had one before or since. Needless to say, she will never take the vaccine again.

That migraine was 20 times worse then the two times she has had covid.

Another friend, the vaccine triggered an adverse auto immune response and is still dealing with the effects 3 years later.

• Wow

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Those shots effect people differently. Just because you didn't have an adverse reaction, it doesn't mean that it was all rainbows and unicorn farts for someone else.

I know a couple people personally that have had adverse reactions to the shots.
Yep.

I was one of them. My Wife had no reaction to any of the shots she has taken (3).

My first (and last) Phizer shot nearly put me in the hospital (should have gone). I did fill out the 'report' available at that time, soliciting information from those so affected.

I will NEVER take another Covid Vaccine. I've had Covid (once) and for me.....it wasn't anything like what I suffered from the vaccine shot. I recognize it affects different people differently and some are more at risk than others for hospitalization because of it.

But personally, I will never take another shot.

• Wow

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I wouldn't suggest that I have any knowledge whatsoever about the different vaccines, booster and the side effects. From personal experience and knowing how data can be manipulated, things aren't all that straight forward.

Back in '92 the doc put me on a cholesterol med. My FIL and a tinknocker I know were on the same med. I developed an awful dry cough that wouldn't stop. I went back to doc and he said that only 3 to 5% of the people on that med experienced the dry cough. He prescribed a different drug. FIL and tinknocker had the exact same experience. I don't know where doc got his statistics, but our "limited survey" of (only three) patients indicated:

A. Patients experiencing side effects resided in one of two ZIP codes.
B. Of our sample group, 100% of the patients experienced excessive coughing.
C. 100% of the patients with the middle initial "R" experienced side effects.
D. No female patients experienced side effects.
E. 100% of the male patients experienced side effects.
F. The only patients experiencing side effects had the middle initial "R".
G. All patients experiencing side effects were male.

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
:)
Thanks - here it is 6 days after initial symptoms and I'm 90% back. Last night I had my first meal in that time and this am I feel great.

The real test is when I make my coffee later. Will I be able to taste it?

btw after I had my 1st round of covid shots I asked my doctor to order some test that is available to see how effective your body is in producing antibodies. I think I explained that right. Anyway, he was quite surprised that my 'number' was quite high (a good thing).
Good indeed. Just shows you what is true on average is not necessarily true for any given individual.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I believe I had COVID in December 2019. I had all the symptoms and an antibody check the next month showed that I had it. To the best of my knowledge, I never had it again, at least no symptoms.
I have not had, nor will I have a COVID shot.

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I believe I had COVID in December 2019. I had all the symptoms and an antibody check the next month showed that I had it. To the best of my knowledge, I never had it again, at least no symptoms.
I have not had, nor will I have a COVID shot.
Ditto for Wifey (late November / early December) except she didn't take any tests. Tests weren't even talked about till after she recovered. It was months afterward that the name "Covid 19" was bandied about. When Covid was making press she asked during a doc's visit and first vaccine trip if she may have had it. The so-called professionals that were following the science said "no way". She was still working part time then at a job in which she came in contact with a number of "furriners".

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Ditto for Wifey (late November / early December) except she didn't take any tests. Tests weren't even talked about till after she recovered. It was months afterward that the name "Covid 19" was bandied about. When Covid was making press she asked during a doc's visit and first vaccine trip if she may have had it. The so-called professionals that were following the science said "no way". She was still working part time then at a job in which she came in contact with a number of "furriners".
I had a regular scheduled checkup in late January 2020. I requested a COVID antibodies check then. The result was positive. My Doctor tried hard to convince me to get the shot later in the year. He told me I would likely die if I got COVID again. I called bullsh*t on that.
In 2021, I had an uncle die; the cause of death was listed as COVID. The family claims he died suddenly from heart attack symptoms. He died about 2 weeks after the second shot.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Get well soon.

By now almost everyone has had Covid at least once. It doesn't seem like the shots are doing what they were promised to do with very little risk for everyone.