My Torment is OVER

Mountaindoc

Equipment
M6800
May 8, 2010
Blackey, KY
I promised you all some pics of my new baler when I got it out of that dark barn to use it for the first time. I'm glad I took a couple of pics of it still perfectly clean before I "put her into the coal" this morning. It's a Vermeer 5410. Let me tell you all something. I HAD a Hesston 740. NO COMPARISON. NONE. I spent about 5 years of my life trying to make that Hesston bale hay. The biggest compliment I can give the Vermeer over the Hesston is the fact that I've been in the house now for at least 2 hours and getting ready to eat after taking my shower. IF I still had that Hesston, I'd be laying out there in that hay field under it or climbed up inside of it cutting out the last screwed up wad of twine or hay or fixing a busted belt or something worse. If any of you are Hesston fans, my apologies and I hope you also see the light someday.

I just wish Kubota made a hay baler. My M6800 is just like clockwork. I love that tractor. It has worked hard for me over the last several years.

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
LIKE YOUR PICS NICE MACHINERY. GLADE YOU ARE ENJOYING RUNNING THEM INSTEAD OF LAYING UNDER UNDER BAILER WORKING ON IT. Thanks for pics. handy

Mountaindoc

Equipment
M6800
May 8, 2010
Blackey, KY
Thanks. The tractor gets a good cleaning tomorrow after I haul all of those bales to the shed. That baler actually allowed me to enjoy hay baling again today for the first time in a long time.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nice looking baler Mountaindoc,

Yours was a Hesston, mine was a M&W. Every time I baled with it my hope was either to break down early enough to order parts before the dealer closed or to break late so I wouldn't feel to bad about having to quit early. One way or the other it was going to break just about every time it was out of the shed.

I bought a Vermeer myself and it is by far the best baler I have had the pleasure to pull. It's about to drive me crazy to get mine out of the shed but the rain won't leave me alone long enough. I've already got mine greased and the oil tank full so it's ready to get out there. I even repainted the inside of the bale chamber at the end of hay season last year so it's time to get the inside to shine again.

Mountaindoc

Equipment
M6800
May 8, 2010
Blackey, KY
Thanks Bulldog. It was getting to the point that I was getting severely depressed every time hay season got here because I knew what I was getting into. I know what you mean about the rain. I finally saw a window and went for it. Got very lucky. It poured the rain 5 miles up the road night before last and we didn't get a drop.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That was lucky to have rain that close and you not get any. I bet It was close enough that you could smell it in the air.

I ned a wind guard for my baler and so far haven't been able to find a old baler sitting around anywhere. My baler has the auto weive feature on it but it will only work with the wind guard in place and somebody took mine off but nobody knows anything about it now. You no how that story goes. The dealer wants $550 for a new one.

Take good care of your hay saver wheels. They are over $100 each. I had a tooth get torn of one of mine and I about hit the floor when they priced them to me. Needless to say I am running with a tooth missing for now.

Enjoy that new baler and keep us posted on how it does this year.