My recent purchase, thanks in part to OTT!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I had been looking for something to replace my older JD750MFWD that I had purchased new in 1985. It still runs strong but it's front wheel assist was starting to give me troubles. After quite a bit of thought, looking at different brands and finding this great website....I took delivery of this last summer:

IMG_1555 (2).JPG

In all, I bought a new B2650HST tractor with the LA534 loader and SST quick attach bucket, a BH77 backhoe, and opted to add the 3rd function hydraulics. The tractor had R4 tires on it and I also ordered a set of turf tires for it. Although I feel a little guilty keeping my old friend (JD750) locked up in the shed.....it sure is a pleasure using the new Kubota!
Thanks, OTT, for being a big part in my decision making!

Whew!! Is the first post always the hardest?:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hi my name is skeets and Im a kubotaholic, welcome to the orange and now you are a member of this varied and dysfunctional family,, enjoy and learn and never fear to ask a question

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Very nice looking setup. You will be able to get a lot of work done with it. Have fun.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated!! I'll have to gather some pictures and put them together and post a few additions I've made since my new "friend" arrived. I'm sure some of the B2650 owners would be interested especially.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats. They are little work horses for sure.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Congrats. I've got the same set up with turfs and couldn't be happier with it. This forum has a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure you'll find lots of suggestions on what to do to it/with it. Enjoy.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
In the interest of getting your post count up, what breed of bird dogs? My user name should mean something to you.
Sorry, I can't claim to have any actual bird dogs. I can only claim to have a Norwegian surname that some former coworkers had trouble pronouncing (even after many years!) and long ago one of them hung this nick name on me and it sort of stuck. I was happy they didn't come up with something a lot worse......so I've used it affectionately in various places. :) But I do have a few firearms and occasionally hunt some small game and varmints!! Thanks for the comments and asking!!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Congrats. They are little work horses for sure.
Thank you! I agree. I have about 18 acres here to take care of, and some land in a few other places. Couldn't do it without a compact tractor and a multitude of implements to go with it.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Congrats. I've got the same set up with turfs and couldn't be happier with it. This forum has a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure you'll find lots of suggestions on what to do to it/with it. Enjoy.
Thanks Freeheeler. I've seen the wealth of knowledge available here and the friendliness of the site. Looking forward to the suggestions and to contributing what I can from time to time. I'm working on my first contribution right now.
Should be ready shortly. At least the start of it. As a rank newbie to this forum posting its taking a little time to figure the ins and outs of it. But I'll get there. One appreciates even more the knowledge in this forum and it's posts when you try and do it yourself for the first time!

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Welcome and we all here like pictures.

Much knowledge here and the mods do a great job policing things.

Welcome to OTT.

Jay from NC.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Welcome and we all here like pictures.

Much knowledge here and the mods do a great job policing things.

Welcome to OTT.

Jay from NC.
Thanks for the welcome, Jay! I agree this is a wonderful group of intelligent and fine people. I hope I don't lower the standards to much with my new membership. You guys set the bar pretty high for us newbies. :) I enjoy the pics as much as anyone no matter what the subject is also. I'm just about ready to add my first contribution in the "fabrication" section. Of course I'll be adding the obligatory pictures! Stand by...……….

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
What size R4's did you go with
Gosh, Muzzy, I don't know offhand. They were whatever the dealer recommended for this tractor. In fact I think it had the R4s on it when it was delivered and the Turfs came later. I'll try remember to look tomorrow and post back to you the sizes of each. One thing I found real interesting concerned the Turf tires. My old John Deere 750 had turf tires on it and served me well and are still on the tractor after 30 plus years. But I did puncture and repair them a couple of times. They weren't real heavy duty and are Bridgestone I believe. The new turf tires from Kubota are way heavier duty and considerably heavier in weight. Very impressive compared to what I was thinking they would be like. If I didn't have the back hoe I don't know if I would have needed or wanted both types. But I'm pleased with both sets now!

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
I run R3's, Turfs, on a B2601, yes, heavy duty skins.
Was curious if you upgraded to an optional larger size R4.
The stock ones are usually R-12.4x16 R4 , F-23x8.50-14 R4, great tires also.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I run R3's, Turfs, on a B2601, yes, heavy duty skins.
Was curious if you upgraded to an optional larger size R4.
The stock ones are usually R-12.4x16 R4 , F-23x8.50-14 R4, great tires also.
Already up to -3 degrees F here this morning. Almost sun tanning weather!!

I looked at my tires for you, Muzzy. Yup, mine are the stock ones you listed above. The turfs are most likely their stock ones also:
Rear: 13.6 - 16 4 ply Titan
Front: 24x8.5 -14 4 ply Titan

My old JD750 rear turfs are Bridgestone 13.6 -16 and also 4 ply just like the Kubota turfs. But they sure are "soft" and lighter duty compared to the Kubotas