Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DAYUM:eek: I was right this aint your first time around the block

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Jeese you're not going to want to use that thing when you're done with it! That ladies and gentlemen is how you're suppose to paint things.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Now for a little color-

I did not like the joint at the hood to nose and I tried to fix it after the fact.....came out OK but I'm not entirely pleased.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I must say I AM IMPRESSED!!!!

Thanks.

I'm waiting for my decals to come in for the dash so I can break it down and paint it.
The front tires are on order the should come in on Tues.

The rear wheels and tires......well........when I get the extra $800.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
lsmurphy, will you be my mentor? I will pick up your tools and clean the deepest recess of your tractor if you would so humbly let me be your squire!

I enjoyed looking at your pictures of your restoration, it is just a beaut and will no doubt look forward to more, especially when you get new tires!

I have the same tractor and no doubt that I'll tap to you for stubborn questions that I can't solve myself. I'm in the middle of working my tractor as I'm waiting for my parts to come in today. I did order some decals but had a hard time locating which decal goes where in the parts illustration online (have you seen it? It looks ridiculously difficult to discern!) Did you go the "give me one of everything" route?

I noticed this strange set of brackets for the rear, is this for a back hoe?

On my tractor, I'm planning on adding a fuel gauge & sender by removing the hour meter and use that spot for the gauge. The hour meter (which doesn't work) will be replaced with a smaller, digital Hobbs meter in place of the turn signal switch area. The light switch will be replaced with a two position rotary (off-on1-on2) switch to control the new headlights (read - aftermarket fog lights) and perimeter lighting around the tractor on my new ROPS that I just got. You should really get one if you haven't considered it. It compliments the tractor!

I'm also currently working on adding a 35 amp alternator positioned over the throttle on the right side and will do a few other stuff down the road.

Anyhow, forgive me for rambling. I'll stop and keep looking at your pictures!

Sean

coralhead

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 29, 2012
S Indiana
Perfect pictures, That is the way I am going to go. Did you run a hot wire and hook the stock headlight wire to the relay? Thanks a lot for your help. I'll post some pictures when I finish.

John

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I cut the existing hot wire from the switch at the starter. I ran a new harness from the lights to the starter.
Connected plug ends to the trigger wire to relay and the existing power wire, switch on dash is now only a trigger.
New power wire is connected at starter.
New ground is connected to ground at block.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Thats top quality work Sir, but, i am afraid i cannot award you a 100% , you have skipped the inside of the bonnet.....its not at all satisfactory.;);)
But i must say its a brilliant restoration all over, way better than any off mine...
keep it up the fine work, its a real credit to you:):cool::cool:

rob

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Thats top quality work Sir, but, i am afraid i cannot award you a 100% , you have skipped the inside of the bonnet.....its not at all satisfactory.;);)
But i must say its a brilliant restoration all over, way better than any off mine...
keep it up the fine work, its a real credit to you:):cool::cool:

rob

:)

That and the rear tires and wheels.............this week.

I'm waiting on the decal for the dash, ordered it two weeks ago.......dealers :p

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I really like the headlights, i would love to get hold of a kit for my B8200.
are they sold outside the US by any chance, ifso any details .

thanks
rob