My new bad ar$e counterweight

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
So my friend is surfing on Craigslist and locates a neat counterweight for sale about 40 minutes away from me. He shoots me the link and I inquire about it, but the guy never returned my text. I try again a few days later and get a response...talked with him about price and got close enough to plan the trip down to get it. Toward the end of the conversation I figured out it was my cousin selling my great uncle's counterweight! Small fregging world! Ironically I had just seen my great uncle at my daughters birthday party a few weeks earlier and he mentioned selling his tractor but made no mention of the weight.

Went down and grabbed it. Its the counterweight off of a Yale forklift, with some extra plate bolted to it, and a pintle hitch added for good measure. They claimed it was approx 2500lbs but by my calculations it should be around 1800. Either way it keeps the back of my L3710 PLANTED and I can lift a lot more safely now. I don't even need 4wd most of the time.

Side note, my excavator couldn't lift it completely off the truck when I needed to unload (the tractor would have lifted the rear completely in the air) so I bent my tailgate getting it off....ugh the price to pay.

Cool part is that its compact and the pintle is pretty handy!

Attachments