My new B2650 with Camera System

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Well my Kubota salesman picked up my tractor yesterday so the dealer could finish installing everything. I was waiting for the turf tires and a few other things. But he showed up tonight with my finished tractor and I thought I would share.

What I ordered:
-- B2650 tractor with FEL
-- 60" SSQA Bucket
-- 60" MMM
-- 60" Farm King snow blower
-- Pallet Forks
-- Ballast Box
-- LED Rear Work Lights
-- Camera System with 7" monitor
-- 3 (55lbs) front suitcase weights for when I have the FEL off

Of course the option that is unusual is the camera system. When I was at the dealer I asked if they had a camera system for the B-Series tractors. He said they haven't put one in a B compact tractor before but they had a system they use for their skid steers. He said they could install one for $600. I thought it was worth the cost if it worked as I hoped and $600 on a $35,000 purchase didn't seem like a big deal.

The install included upgrading my tractor to a higher Amp alternator. They also had to come up with a way to secure the monitor in the cab. After trying a few things that didn't really work well, one of the Tech's came up with a way to fasten it with a system from a motorcycle. It was perfect! Both the camera and the monitor are securely installed and if I didn't know better I would think that it was a factory option.

How does it work? Well after an hour or so of playing with it I can say that it was worth it. It doesn't replace your mirrors or the need to turn around but it does probably reduce the need to turn around by half. I found it pretty easy to back up using my mirrors to steer and the camera to see whats ahead and when to stop. I also think the camera will come in very handy when I'm using my rough mower in my shelter belt. My outside row are all Spruce and I always have to back up to cut the grass and weeds underneath them, the camera should make that a lot easier.

Was the camera system necessary? Nope, but neither is a sore neck. And really the whole tractor wasn't necessary, my B7800 did everything I needed it too. But when your regularly pushing snow for 3 hours at -10f degrees (or worse) with a windchill factor of -25f degrees, you start to wonder why am I doing this in a open cab?

I couldn't be more pleased with the tractor and my dealer! The salesman said they took lots of pictures of my camera system as he thinks others will be interested in doing the same thing. Front mounted snow blowers aren't the best in the area I live in, but people also don't want to have to turn around constantly while blowing snow. This might be a good compromise.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
How does it work? Well after an hour or so of playing with it I can say that it was worth it.
K-Vet - that is working with it! Remember that, working!!

My wife has been suspecting the playing thing for 4 years, and I don't want you to give me or a lot of other guys up!! :mad::mad:

Just kidding of course - that is really cool! :)

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Very nice machine you've got there. I'd love to get some feedback from you on how useful that rear camera is. Do you find that you can actually use it, trust it? I've been debating doing the same but I'm not sure if it would actually keep me from looking over my shoulder.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
I'll be interested in some feedback also. If it works for you it might be something I can use with the rear blower.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Congratulations. Very nice. I ended up suction cup mounting a Peak 3.5 inch inch monitor to the cab wind shield mated to a wireless rear camera. $120 from an auto parts store. Not nearly as quality as your setup.

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
@RCW Thanks for correcting that for me, you're 100% correct!

As promised I have some more pics in the daylight. It's definitely harder to see in the daytime but it's still useful. It's harder to see details when everything is white, but I can still see the blower and I can see whats coming up behind me. I think in the summer time it will be easier to see more details with my rough mower, given the color contrasts. I did take a pic of going down the highway to show whats its like when everything isn't white ;)

Well until we get more snow it will be hard to say for sure how effective it is, but I believe its worth it for me. Like I said before its not like you can ignore your mirrors or never have to turn around, but it gives you a real handy perceptive when playing working. I still think it can cut my turning around by half or maybe more, time will tell.

One thing I found is its hard to accurately judge distance from some angles. When backing out of my garage for example, I thought I was pretty close to hitting the side of the opening but when I check my mirror I had more room then I thought. So it works well in conjunction with my mirrors but I wouldn't solely rely on it.

Work in progress:

The camera appears to have distance grid built in but I can't figure out how to overlay the grid in my monitor. I might have to contact my dealer on how that works.

The camera system supports two camera's. I'm pondering putting another camera attached to my brush guard to give a good view when using the loader bucket or forks. Though that might have to wait a bit before I go spend another ~$150, not sure what the wife would say to that right now, haha.

Other pics:

-- Moved my box scraper from my old tractor to the warehouse. Loving my forks already!
-- I have to start getting creative for storage in my garage.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I use a cheap camera on my truck. Its great for hooking up my trailers. While plowing snow i flip on my backup lights with an override switch so it stays on and gives me a reasonable rear view. Needs a wipe to clean lens from time to time but its worth the trouble.

That is an awesome tractor and i like the camera system. Would like one like that myself. Tractor that is. Camera too.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Well my Kubota salesman picked up my tractor yesterday so the dealer could finish installing everything. I was waiting for the turf tires and a few other things. But he showed up tonight with my finished tractor and I thought I would share. ........

...-- 3 (55lbs) front suitcase weights for when I have the FEL off.....

Congratulations on the new tractor. One question I have is about the 55# suitcase weights and bracket. My B2650 came with the bracket and 5 weights (not installed) and I notice the grill guard needs to be off for the bracket to be on. Obviously the weights won't fit with the FEL, and wouldn't want them on then anyway, but I don't like the fact I have to give up my grill guard for the weight bracket. The dealer is looking into this but no word back so far.
Are the 3 weight and 5 weight brackets different or does yours have this same issue? I would have thought Kubota would have a different grill guard to work in conjunction with the weight bracket.

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Congratulations on the new tractor. One question I have is about the 55# suitcase weights and bracket. My B2650 came with the bracket and 5 weights (not installed) and I notice the grill guard needs to be off for the bracket to be on. Obviously the weights won't fit with the FEL, and wouldn't want them on then anyway, but I don't like the fact I have to give up my grill guard for the weight bracket. The dealer is looking into this but no word back so far.
Are the 3 weight and 5 weight brackets different or does yours have this same issue? I would have thought Kubota would have a different grill guard to work in conjunction with the weight bracket.
I ran into the same problem with the 5 weight bracket and brush guard. But I noticed in my manual that you can put 3 weights on the front with no additional bracket. I did turn my brush guard mounting bolts the other way to free up room. They delivered it with the only weight they had in stock, the others will be comming in soon. I can post a pick with them installed when I get them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
....But I noticed in my manual that you can put 3 weights on the front with no additional bracket. I did turn my brush guard mounting bolts the other way to free up room....
Thanks, I never thought to check if weights would fit directly on the frame. That being the case I'll just return the bracket and two weights.

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Thanks, I never thought to check if weights would fit directly on the frame. That being the case I'll just return the bracket and two weights.
My dealer or I didn't know that either but if you look under the front stock bracket there are 3 holes for the weights. Just check to be sure yours is the same. 5 weights would be better but I didn't want to mess with taking off my guard and mounting the weight bracket everytime I needed it. I figure 3 weights are still better than nothing and should be enough to ballast my 48" Bush Hog.

Also you might not have to turn the bolts around from the brush guard. This picture was before I turned them around, they might fit.

Last edited:

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
My dealer or I didn't know that either but if you look under the front stock bracket there are 3 holes for the weights....
Thanks for the pic I take it you're referring to the black cross bracket with three holes? If so how do those holes mate with the weights?

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Thanks for the pic I take it you're referring to the black cross bracket with three holes? If so how do those holes mate with the weights?
Yup, that's what I meant. The weights hook over the bracket and underneath those holes. I'm not exactly sure how they fasten but the weights also have a hole on top of them so I assume there is a bolt or pin that you use to fasten them to the cross bracket, so they don't move around.

Maybe someone else could speak to how they are fastened, since I haven't recieved my hardware yet?

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
I got my front suitcase weights in yesterday so I installed them to make sure they will fit with the brush guard on, and they do. As long as you turn your mounting bolts from your brush guard outwards the weights fit. The weights came with 3 mounting bolts, I just installed one to show how they work. Also there is a hole in the weights to place a piece of ready rod with some washers to further secure them, I'll have to pick that up at my local hardware store sometime.

Attachments

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
KubotaVet,

Can you clarify what is mounted under the yellow lollipop light next to the cab LED light on the tractor's left side (when sitting inside)? Reference picture #2 in Post #1 upper right hand side of picture.

Thank you.

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
KubotaVet,

Can you clarify what is mounted under the yellow lollipop light next to the cab LED light on the tractor's left side (when sitting inside)? Reference picture #2 in Post #1 upper right hand side of picture.

Thank you.
This is what you're referring to correct? It's the camera.

Attachments

Last edited: