My home made QH

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
I have been wanting a quick hitch for some time now, especially since I built my counter weight. It is not fun at all to hook up and because of that I don't use it as much as I should for loader work. My snow blower is a bit of a pain to hook up also. I have never used one before but I think I would like something like the Pat's QH better than the standard frame one. The only part of hooking up to the 3ph is trying to line up the pins with the holes in the lift arms. I have searched high and low in Canada for a place that sold the Pat's but came up empty handed. A member on here had one that he was willing to sell to me but when I checked on the shipping to Canada it was outrageous, so I built my own. It was really quite easy and took minimal material. 2x2x1/4 rectangle tube fit nicely over the lift arms of my L2501. I cut up some 1" plate, drilled some holes and welded them together. It is attached with L9 bolts and a grade 8 bolt for the keeper pin. I will be drilling a hole in the keeper bolt to install a small linch pin for easier use. All together it took about 3 hours to build and it works great. I don't have pictures yet of it on the tractor but here is one before paint.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Those look nice. I'd make sure the bolt that goes through the swivel in the lift arms do not have threads that ride in the swivel. It will eventually wallow them out!

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Works out perfect. The non-threaded portion of the bolt is the exact same as the tubing width. It couldn't have worked out any better if I actually tried to plan it that way.