My first snow in my first tractor

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
I finally got to play in the snow. All tolled after 4 days we had about 30" of snow. These pics are before the final foot of snow. Special thanks to my wife Nicole for all the great pics.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I COULD SEE THAT SMILE ON YOUR FACE. Looked like you was having a ball. Beautiful home and trees also. We lost 32 trees to southern pine beetles apx. 5 years after we bought our home your trees really make me miss ours. Good luck handy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Greg,
Looks like you were having some real fun playing in the snow!

Those are some nice pictures and a big thanks to your wife for taking them.

Later,
Scott

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Great pics. I had much the same situation last winter - first tractor and a big snowfalls. No snow this year.

You can make life a bit easier if you get the inside of the bucket totally dry and give it a coat of wax. Will make the snow fall off easier when you are dumping.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Don't you just love that feeling when it snows and you don't have to make excuses to the wife to just go out and play (er, I mean, "work") in the snow? This was our 2nd winter with our Kubota and I wish it snowed more here this winter. Heck, I was out the other day moving the snow piles around so they "would melt faster . . ." Yeah . . . that was why . . .:D

You folks have a beautiful property. The trees look really nice with the snow like that, almost Norman Rockwell-esque.

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I didnt have that kinda fun, well not after the first 4 hours of freezing my butt off.

We got about the same amount of snow here this year in Maryland. I have a L235DT with a Carhartt cab.
My little Kubota got a work out. We had to dig our way into driveways instead of pushing the snow.

I got to use a 135hp JD with a cab, and let me tell you that tractor is a lot of fun in 3 feet of snow. Just put the bucket down and drive ! Im about 100k short of being able to buy a new one for myself.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dude if I knew you were having that much fun i would have sent you all my snow!!!!:D