MX5800 - Hydraulic line "ruptured"?

ADK4WD

Jul 21, 2016
New Hampshire
My brand new MX5800 just had a hydraulic line "rupture" while I was pulling a set of LP2572 discs. Tractor only had 10 hrs on it and was performing fine - pulling and lifting the discs w/no difficulty as I was working a field on my farm...then as the 3pt hitch was lifting the discs - a "garden hose spray" of fluid burst from under the seat and sprayed my feet, pedals etc.. I immediately lowered the discs and the "spray" stopped. When I went to lift the discs again "sprayed" again so I then shut tractor off and called Dealer. Dealer responded and was On Site w/in one hour (impressive service!). He replaced an O-ring and tested it but "burst" again, repeated replacing O-ring 2 more times and "burst" repeatedly. He then sent a trailer the next day and picked up tractor to take back to his shop. Repaired it same day with NEW O-ring and cleaned everything up and returned my tractor - NO charge!. He thinks that original problem caused by faulty O-ring and that the "on site" service used "generic" O-rings that were Not fitting "exactly". Worked fine afterwards and now have an additional 4 hours on it and working fine. Anyone else have any similar issues w/hydraulics or O-rings? --- [[. I must say that the Dealer responded extremely fast - Service was IMPRESSIVE ]].

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I had an O ring let go on a fitting at my hydraulic pump at 15 hrs on my L4701. Shut the machine down and after finding the leak I checked the bolts on the flange and they were loose. Tightened them up and reduced the leak to a small drip but had to get the O ring replaced, have 25 hrs on it now without any other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ADK4WD

Jul 21, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks for the replies - I hope this was just an odd occurrence and not going to be repeated with other O-rings etc.. failing. It certainly shut down my planting for 2 days and I missed one of the few stretches of Sun w/No rain this Spring.
The one positive was seeing my Dealer "in action" - they were great, fast, helpful, and pleasant to work with. Good to know they stand behind their product!