MX5200 fuel issue-no start-HELP!!!!

Gotlabs

Equipment
MX5200DT
Aug 14, 2015
SC
No problems here.. thanks for no help other than "send it to the dealership".

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi and welcome to the forum, but let me be the first to tell you for gods sake dont use ether on these engines!,!!!,, ok with that out of the way, seems like that tractor likely has high pressure common rail engine with dpf filter etc, right? If so what you are or have done will void the 5 year warranty on the entire engine system, so you might want to rethink how you are going about it. Do you have the shop manual for it? Do you have a nearby dealership?

Mine has 3 fuel pumps and a complicated fuel flow system, so first question folks will have to help you is which pump are you working on. My recommendation however would be to get your dealer involved. How did you know which pump was in trouble?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Were there any error messages before you started taking it apart? What happened first? Since it last ran well?

Gotlabs

Equipment
MX5200DT
Aug 14, 2015
SC
Yeah, thanks for the information...(note the sarcasm).

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Please stop messing with it till you get the Proper WSM for it, then your still going to be very limited because that is a 100% computer controlled engine and you have no way to read it, only a dealer can do that with the proper equipment and software.

It always worries me when someone talks about an injection pump on an engine that does not have an injection pump.
You have a high pressure, electronic controlled engine.

Also taking measurements with a voltage meter on circuit that is a low voltage, low amperage circuit is dangerous on the ECM.
And if you don't know the ECM can cost you several thousand of dollars to replace once it's fried, which a standard meter can do.

It's not a standard old school stop solenoid controlled engine, it doesn't need a stop solenoid, they just stop firing the injectors, not stop the fuel.

The part you're messing with is the SCV and it's a $400 sensor not a stop solenoid.
It controls a $2750.00 supply pump.
The supply pump is feed by a $170 fuel pump.
Yes the Kubota lift pump is $125, but its designed and tested for the engine that you have and you're risking major damage to a multi thousand dollar engine and setup, because of not wanting to spend a little money to do it right, dangerous bet.

Gotlabs

Equipment
MX5200DT
Aug 14, 2015
SC
Please stop messing with it till you get the Proper WSM for it, then your still going to be very limited because that is a 100% computer controlled engine and you have no way to read it, only a dealer can do that with the proper equipment and software.

It always worries me when someone talks about an injection pump on an engine that does not have an injection pump.
You have a high pressure, electronic controlled engine.

Also taking measurements with a voltage meter on circuit that is a low voltage, low amperage circuit is dangerous on the ECM.
And if you don't know the ECM can cost you several thousand of dollars to replace once it's fried, which a standard meter can do.

It's not a standard old school stop solenoid controlled engine, it doesn't need a stop solenoid, they just stop firing the injectors, not stop the fuel.

The part you're messing with is the SCV and it's a $400 sensor not a stop solenoid.
It controls a $2750.00 supply pump.
The supply pump is feed by a $170 fuel pump.
Yes the Kubota lift pump is $125, but its designed and tested for the engine that you have and you're risking major damage to a multi thousand dollar engine and setup, because of not wanting to spend a little money to do it right, dangerous bet.
I am completely aware of the cost associated with each component. Thank you for not offering any help, since you did not offer any information of value. Maybe you should stick with not responding.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Gotlabs, you must have a thread somewhere else you're referring to in this thread. I started with thread #1 and what you have there makes no sense. How can you complain about "no help"?

It looks like you have 4 post. With your attitude you don't deserve a response. Lighten up and work on your writing skills also!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
D2 the original post stated that he had pulled one of the 3 fuel pumps in his 2015 MX and replaced it with a Yanmar pump which was cheaper than the Kubota version and wanted some specs on the original because it didn't work, but he could start it with ether. It is true no one answered his specific question. I was concerned he was going to trash the high pressure pump in the common rail when the original problem was electrical and not the pump he pulled out. He has gone back and edited all his original posts. I am sorry he was offended by what I had to say.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
For what it might be worth to someone else with an MX, the new tractors Tier 4 or otherwise, have different fuel flow patterns depending on the model, so extrapolating from one to another can be risky. Part of the differences arise if your model has a low placed divided fuel tank. To figure out how mine worked took a lot of work and both the diagrams in the wsm and the parts diagrams:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35336

You would have to do something similar to figure out your model.