Mx4700 clutch

timnval92

Equipment
Mx4700
Jun 20, 2019
Springfield, Ga
Hi guys, so I hate to be one of those newbies with a problem but I am. Anyway, I have an mx4700d, that I just replaced the clutch on. It has been slipping due to a leaking lower front axle seal. Anyway, I repaired the seal and replaced the clutch. Now, ive done quite a few car clutches, but never one with the double spline(pto). But it was relatively straight forward, I used oem kubota parts, hoping for no problems. So all back together, fire up and have two problem. First problem is, it wouldn't start. I suspect a switch, seat, clutch? Was never able to find a clutch switch. So, I bypassed whatever it was and just put 12v to solenoid, and it started.

Second problem is, clutch will not release, so it will not shift correctly, and when I do get it into gear, pushing clutch does nothing. So, I thought adjust clutch...even though it felt good...like bearing was properly engaging plate. That did nothing. I took it back apart tonight, hoping maybe I'd installed clutch plate backwards. But I'm pretty sure it only goes one way, with longer nose towards transmission. The throwoit bearing was replaced with oem, and it looks like it's doing what it should. Ideas? I reinstalled the old one and measured the distance from the fingers on the clutch plate to the flywheel hub, both measure within 1/16" of an inch of each other. Thanks!

Last edited: