MX 6000 50 hour service

JRS

Oct 27, 2021
Central Texas
I am nearing the 50 hr service. It shows three different drain plugs for the hydraulic fluid. With a 11.5 gallon capacity do I need to be prepared to catch all 11 gallons at once or does x amount drain from each drain. I don’t want to end up with huge mess! Thanks

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Sorry can’t speak to that machine but….
Best to get a big, cheap Rubbermaid type tub to catch it in, mind you it’s only a little messy putting the plug back in mid flow if you’re quick and lucky….
Plan a way to slide the full tub out, steadily….(big piece of cardboard underneath to slide it on?)
Plan a way to empty it back into pails!
picking up a flimsy plastic tote with 10+gallons of oil in it can make a mess in a hurry….. keeps the dust down though!
Good luck :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am nearing the 50 hr service. It shows three different drain plugs for the hydraulic fluid. With a 11.5 gallon capacity do I need to be prepared to catch all 11 gallons at once or does x amount drain from each drain. I don’t want to end up with huge mess! Thanks
Are you sure the "book" calls for a hydraulic fluid change? Or just the filter change?
Some decide to change the hydraulics fluids at 50 ....... just curious IF the manual calls specifically for that.
Looking over the manual - it talks about greasing several spots and filter changes.

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
I have the MX4700 and from what I see it is the same tractor chassis. From what I remember you have to prepare to drain most of the hydraulic fluid from one plug. I don't think it matters which one. The easiest one to reach is the one I started with. The others are there to drain some low spots that will not drain from one plug. I used the same pan and just put the plug back in when it was getting full. Probably not ideal but it worked for me. Perhaps someone else here has a better method?

As stated by 85Hokie here prior, I believ it was just filters at the 50 hour mark??

Hope this helps!!

Last edited:

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
Officially you only need a filter change at 50 Hrs on an MX (at least it was on my 2020 MX5400.) If you go that route and change the two filters you will only lose a quart if you work very fast. There is a "vacuum on the fill tube" trick that prevents virtually any loss. At 50 hours my hydraulic fluid was absolutely pristine.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You don’t have to change the hydraulic fluid in the MX for the 50 hour service, just the hydraulic filters. My dealer said to drive the filter side on a board to tilt the tractor away from the filter. Then change the filter quickly, and you won’t lose much fluid.

JRS

Oct 27, 2021
Central Texas
Looks like you guys are right! I miss read the maintenance schedule. Hydraulic fluid doesn’t change until 400 hours. Thanks for the heads up!
You don’t have to change the hydraulic fluid in the MX for the 50 hour service, just the hydraulic filters. My dealer said to drive the filter side on a board to tilt the tractor away from the filter. Then change the filter quickly, and you won’t lose much fluid.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
dealer said to drive the filter side on a board to tilt the tractor away from the filter. Then change the filter quickly, and you won’t lose much fluid.
That board would have to be at least a railroad tie to make any difference for changing the suction filter. The hydro filter is pressure fed so if the engine is off, there is little to no oil going to it.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That board would have to be at least a railroad tie to make any difference for changing the suction filter. The hydro filter is pressure fed so if the engine is off, there is little to no oil going to it.
I haven’t tried it yet, but that was the advice the dealer gave me.