Mulching plate for 48" deck ?

AC Orange

Equipment
B2620 w/ FEL, back blade, snow blower
Sep 4, 2012
Southern-tier of WNY
Bought a new T2290KWT with 48" mower deck about 2 months ago. Now I've decided I would like a mulching cover plate for the deck. I'm sure that several months ago I read that Kubota makes one for that deck. However, when I called my dealer he says he doesn't see one available. Does anyone know where I could find one of these ?

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
I was able to get one for the 48” deck on my bx1870. I’m not sure if they use the same mower deck as the mower you just bought. I can check for the part number on the invoice if they broke it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Bought a new T2290KWT with 48" mower deck about 2 months ago. Now I've decided I would like a mulching cover plate for the deck. I'm sure that several months ago I read that Kubota makes one for that deck. However, when I called my dealer he says he doesn't see one available. Does anyone know where I could find one of these ?
You may have already considered this but Im just curious that when you block that with the plate, is it recommended that you install different (mulching) blades ?

AC Orange

Equipment
B2620 w/ FEL, back blade, snow blower
Sep 4, 2012
Southern-tier of WNY
You may have already considered this but Im just curious that when you block that with the plate, is it recommended that you install different (mulching) blades ?
Well, at the time I saw the plate it said that different blades were an option. That's what caught my attention because I could try one without swapping blades. But now I feel like I was seeing things.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Well, at the time I saw the plate it said that different blades were an option. That's what caught my attention because I could try one without swapping blades. But now I feel like I was seeing things.
I guess you will know if it doesnt either cut as good and/or clumps the grass behind you, I dont know. I hope it works out.