Mowing to "get away from it"

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Ahh Mowing....

Mowing is a good way to clear your mind of crap going on in your life,

by your self, just the rattle tat tat of the engine,
the smell of fresh cut grass,
the ping ping of the occasional rock.

Whether its a job, medical, money, relationship, or heaven forbid an IRS problem, the list is endless.
Mowing will ease your mind if only for a few hours.

First time with the FEL on and did manage to tag a fence post on the dog run.
but now 3 acres looks real nice. Went to wash the tractor.

Went to wash the tractor, remember that!

So back to other stuff on your mind............

DON'T FORGET TO LOWER THE HOOD BEFORE THE FEL, DON'T BE A BILL, NO ONE WANTS TO BE A BILL

Not the end of the world, seen worse, fixed worse, just bent sheetmetal. :mad:

As they say "Excrement Happens"

Time for a cocktail and some Indy Car racing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Awww,Man!!
Was probably a little frustrating to have that happen after making it all nicey nice.
As long as you did it yourself it doesent hurt as much.
Its only metal and paint. And no animals or people were injured.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Stupid is as stupid does, sometimes you should just stay in bed. But you're right no one was hurt, no one to blame

It'll be good as new shortly.

Bill Rigsby
Florissant CO

1972(?) KUBOTA L-1500-DT
Great Bend M10 48" Front End Loader
Brush Hog 48" "Squealer Mower"
Atlas 48" Landscape Box
Rhino 60" Rear Blade
Draw Bar with 2" Ball
28" Fork Lift Forks
36" Sears Snow Blower (still to be mounted to the front PTO)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Well i got on my husqvarna mower yesterday, see a hole punched in seat upholstery and part of the hood emblem is gone. Dirty and deck is full of grass. I wish i had the time to mow all 9 acres myself but work has been almost more than i can handle. Throw in a couple construction jobs around yard and im pulled in seven directions at once.

So i choose to ignore the neglect and damage and catch up with it as i get free time.

Liike some guy said dont sweat the little things...
I try to not let it get to me but its wearing a little thin. Guess i will cut back on payin jobs and raise the kid's rent ***128540; So i have time to cut grass.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Every tractor should be sold with some paint rubbed off and a dent. Then you forget about babying/protecting it and concentrate on getting some work done. :)

Rolling Stock

Equipment
L4350DT, LA950 loader
Jun 17, 2016
Othello, WA
I do my best thinking while working or mowing. As long as the job at hand doesn't require a lot of thought itself ie trouble shooting, I can solve half the worlds problems. Whether I retain those thoughts after the job is another story though.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Bill, I cant say I share the same sentiment for beating the grass as you do. As hot, dry and dusty as it is down here in central MS, beating the grass is pretty much H E double L for me.

My sentiments may change from 'beating the grass' to mowing when and if I ever get something with a cab, air and a stereo! So, for now I'll have to settle for the B7300 with a 60" deck and JD Z910 with a 54" and continue my regular 'beatings' every 7 to 10 days.

Last edited:

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
It was mid-90's here yesterday, so I decided to wait until after supper to mow. When I finally got started at about 8:00 the heat had broken. Mowed 2 acres with ear buds streaming some good tunes beneath the noise reducing headset. A cup of coffee, a purring little diesel, some nice open ground and a beautiful sunset. Life is good.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I feel the same way. I "caretake" my elderly neighbors 3+ acre field plus my own 2.5 acres and it works out well. He's in no shape to do it. I enjoy the simple project where it's just me, the machine and a few beers. I also get to use his field which abuts a pond to set off my fireworks on the 4th of July! Win Win.