mower

bingo1

Jul 14, 2023
Pa
Have a b2601 kubota with 54 inch deck. When mowing the grass any uneven surfaces the rollers keep digging into the grass leaving long gouge marks. Is there somethhing not adjusted right? Or maybe a way to let the mower deck float with the level of the grass. On the level parts of the grass it cuts just fine.

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Welcome aboard.

I just happen to have that exact mower and tractor. The mower should be suspended by the tractor, not sitting on the gauge wheels.

If the gauge wheels are digging into the ground, my only suggestion is to try and raise the gauge wheels up some to give them additional clearance. My property isn't smooth by any means but I haven't noticed the gauge wheels leaving gouge marks.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
On a level surface, the gauge wheels should be at least half inch higher than the surface. My yard isn't level, either, but the gauge wheels don't dig in.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Have a b2601 kubota with 54 inch deck. When mowing the grass any uneven surfaces the rollers keep digging into the grass leaving long gouge marks. Is there somethhing not adjusted right? Or maybe a way to let the mower deck float with the level of the grass. On the level parts of the grass it cuts just fine.
Deck not properly set up.

Raise suspended deck and/or raise anti-scalp rollers.

Deck is not a terrain following deck. Wheels are anti-scalp rollers not gage wheels.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Lol…I had to have my neighbor, with his big John Deere “X” series mower cut my 5 acres while I was convelescing from major surgery. He left lots of those gouge marks everywhere. The circular gouges last a long time. It will be a remembrance of my weeks of recovery. 🤣