mower for 7100

les525

Mar 14, 2011
ca
im in the hunt right now to find some nice used 3 point implements for my b7100 since all i have right now are a fel and 3pt pallet forks. hopefully i have a tiller this weekend becase its one attachment i can get most use out of. second on my list is a rough cut mower. i know a 4ft will be ideal but good used ones are harder to come by and more expensive. i do find a lot of 5ft mowers around my area for very good prices. so will my 7100 handle a 5ft mower or will it be too much for it? what sizes is everyone else using?

denboer

Equipment
B6001 (gray) car trailer, RS1100 tiller, homemade snowblade, homemade cultivator
Feb 20, 2010
Wintershoven
In not too long and rough grass a 5ft will work, but i would recommend a 4ft model.

5thhorseman

Equipment
B7000, Allied 95 FEL, Sovema Tiller, Blade, on 3 overgrown acres
Oct 21, 2010
Aldergrove, BC
hopefully i have a tiller this weekend becase its one attachment i can get most use out of. second on my list is a rough cut mower.
Totally agree with you on the usefulness of those implements. I found myself a Sovema tiller earlier this year, and am now on the hunt for a brush cutter / rough mower / whatever you call it.

Unfortunately both these implements are anywhere from $600 to $1000 used, up here in Canada.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Smaller brush cutters seem to command a premium around here. They are used to trim between the rows in the berry fields and such, so the ones at auction are either snapped up quickly or are too beat up to consider.

There is an Abbotsford distributor of Braebar (sp?) Equipment, Chinese made blades, brush cutters and other items. They might be just like the J Bar items mentioned in another thread, but $800 cdn for a 42" is reasonable considering the cost of a Land Pride or JD unit. Avenue Equipment and Caliber Equipment both sell them.
They are probably fine for the number of hours you or I would put on one. I had considered getting one this summer, but a friend needed pasture for her 6 horses so that got the area cleaned up for me.

5thhorseman

Equipment
B7000, Allied 95 FEL, Sovema Tiller, Blade, on 3 overgrown acres
Oct 21, 2010
Aldergrove, BC
Yeah, I saw a couple posted on craigslist this summer, each for $950. Going by the photos only they appeared to be in good shape. However I wasn't in the market for one at the time.

Seems they come up for same only now and then and I'll probably have to wait till spring for another one to come up. I got my tiller in the springtime for around $800 but had to have cash ready and move quickly to get it.