mower deck starting to rust

stutrac

Mar 30, 2016
Bethany ct
my 1870-1 is garage kept heated in the winter, I keep my deck clean, the underside get washed to prevent build up and I keep the top side clean, the rust is under the paint on the outside, one spot is on the side of deck in front and the 2nd spot is where the grass deflector gets attached to, I removed my deflector because I bag 98% of the time anyone else have this issue, or do I keep my stuff to clean... the rust locations are around where they weld parts to the deck.....

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
my 1870-1 is garage kept heated in the winter, I keep my deck clean, the underside get washed to prevent build up and I keep the top side clean, the rust is under the paint on the outside, one spot is on the side of deck in front and the 2nd spot is where the grass deflector gets attached to, I removed my deflector because I bag 98% of the time anyone else have this issue, or do I keep my stuff to clean... the rust locations are around where they weld parts to the deck.....

I’ve seen the odd time when paint doesn’t stick to a weld properly And start to rust or if there was a thumbprint or dirt and the paint didn’t adhere. Just sand the area in question give it a shot of paint and you should be good. Every year when I remove the deck to put on the snowblower I service it, change the gear oil, clean it and sharpen the blades and repaint the underside and touch up the top side Because I like to have it looking good but the metal is so thick on those things I’m sure it would take 50 years to rust out LOL good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk