Moving the Garbage Tote

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Discovered that the FEL QA is the same width as the recessed pocket on the large garbage tote furnished by WM. Always a pain to transport to the road on snowy days. Drive up and hook L or R just like connecting to an implement.

See folks tow them w/ car or truck but that is awkward.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Hmm! While good, I can’t see taking off the bucket for this. Perhaps a quick jig that clamps on the bucket (or plow, etc)? Perhaps the backside of the bucket at full forward curl?

I predict that someone’s gonna see this post and run with it as a winter project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Seanbarr,

Point is well taken. My small ford does not have an implement on the FEL, just a snow blower on 3 point, easier to maneuver tight spaces w/o bucket.

QA remove and reinstall should be easy as advertised but that isn't always the case. My tabs will not always stay under the lip of the bucket when connecting.

I usually need to employ a short ratchet strap to maintain tension till connected.

But the garbage needs to get to the road for p/u and winter can present a challenge. Some have very long and angled driveways.

Wish all the inventors luck in devising a method to ease the task. My snow pusher has two hooks on the top.
In the past I looped a small chain around the belly of the tote, and attached chain to the hooks.I

A narrow vertical flat plate welded to a clamp on adapter to bottom bucket lip should work ??

Last edited: