Moving from B3000 to L3560 w/cab

hasselboxster

Equipment
Kubota B3000
Nov 22, 2022
Buffalo NY
I am considering moving from my B3000 into the L3560HSTC. I can certainly make do with the (now) LX sized machines, but when i looked at them compared to my B3000, i couldn't help but feel like aspects of them were less sturdy. The Grand L60 is likely more machine than i need, and might be a little large, but for the difference in cost and what you get its difficult to not spring for it.

Some specific questions for the more experienced operators out there!

BLOWER: I current have a 64" 3pt snowblower, and about a 1000 ft drive. Works great on the B3000. The wheelbase on the Grand L is listed at 71", if i use my blower, am i going to be frustrated by it not being wider than the tractor wheelbase? Anyone else out there with an L3560 that have a 64, 72 or 84 blower on the rear with any experience to share?

REAR FINISH MOWER: My yard doesn't have a ton of trees to mow around, mostly around the perimeter, and a fence. I am wondering about switching from the mid mount mower to the 3 point finish mower - and how much i might regret that. I do brush hog, so something back there isn't new but thats typically in a larger field. I know some guys will run a zero turn or something like that - but i just didn't want to have another piece of equipment to maintain. Also wondering about visibility of looking down from the cab at the rear mower.

TIRES and MOWING: Last topic, all of the Grand L are coming with the R4 tires, which i have on the B3000. I don't think they're loaded but honestly not sure on that. Most dealers recommend loading them, and just curious if the extra weight of the machine and the tires being loaded will tear up my lawn. I don't have too many issues now with the R4 on B3000.

Thanks for any thoughts shared.

Schmitty

Equipment
L4740, grapple, forks, box blade
Mar 25, 2018
Madison, WI
Regarding wheelbase and width; the L3560 is 60" wide with a wheelbase of 71", see here. Wheelbase is the distance between the front and rear axles, not the width. (y)

What is the width on the B3000? About 54"?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
More weight will hurt your lawn more. Going to an R14 may help some.

Even the LX will weigh more by the time you add the weight of a cab. The Grand L will weight a lot more especially if you go with the upgraded loader to get max lift capability.

If you can benefit from the additional capabilty of the Grand L, it may make sense, but you'll also need to go with wider implements.

The mid mount mower will be able to turn tighter, and will only an option for the LX. The finish mower has the benefit of backing under trees etc, and you probably could go to a wider finish mower or flail mower.

hasselboxster

Equipment
Kubota B3000
Nov 22, 2022
Buffalo NY
More weight will hurt your lawn more. Going to an R14 may help some.

Even the LX will weigh more by the time you add the weight of a cab. The Grand L will weight a lot more especially if you go with the upgraded loader to get max lift capability.

If you can benefit from the additional capabilty of the Grand L, it may make sense, but you'll also need to go with wider implements.

The mid mount mower will be able to turn tighter, and will only an option for the LX. The finish mower has the benefit of backing under trees etc, and you probably could go to a wider finish mower or flail mower.
I would love an R14 tire, but not available yet for the L3560 at least from kubota.