Mounting mirrors

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
I've got a 2015 bx 2370-1 and I'm looking to mount mirrors same location as wildfire did.

As far as I can see it looks like he drilled into the loader to do it.

Anyone know of this will affect my warranty?

I've also seen the click bond option but I was thinking bolting it direct would be closer to the edges.

Thanks in advance.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I've got a 2015 bx 2370-1 and I'm looking to mount mirrors same location as wildfire did......
Might be best to include a link to Wildfire's Mirror thread/post. Hard to remember all the whose done what's in here.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
drew,

I bought those same mirrors a while back - still sitting on the workbench!

I am not sure I want them hanging out that far.........but then again might be the only solution too.

As for warranty - I asked my dealer when I bought my BX25, if welded on hooks would void a warranty.....he said hell no - anything that is added that has nothing to do with the function of another part would not affect the warranty.

I would think that drilling two hole on that space would fall in the same realm of modifications. But then a dealer who wants to be an a$$ could say that it caused harm to the hydraulic system!!!! I like your idea and I am going to do mine the same way! My warranty is out last August too.

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
Warranty voiding is a very well protected legal right that is tilted in your favor. The only way a warranty claim can be denied is if your modification CLEARLY caused a failure. For example, if the loader arm breaks in half right through the hole that you drill, they can deny a warranty claim. If the hydraulic ram folds in half, they would have a very hard time claiming that your modification directly resulted in that failure and your warranty claim remains fully intact. I added mirrors to my Bobcat arms with heavy duty magnets. It makes it super fast and easy to install or remove them as needed for what I'm doing.

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Depends on what you do with and where you go with your machine, but I`d have those ripped off by bush in no time! I mounted a simple 5`` convex mirror to each side on the FEL upright frame with JB Weldbond. Works great! Sticking out further would be nice, but not practical for the places I go.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Here's mine, and I give credit to Wildfire for giving me the idea. I mounted mine the easy way, drilled two small holes and used self tapping screws. Anyone that has seen the pics I have posted knows I work my tractor hard and I haven't had an issue with them. They pivot and are spring loaded, so if you hit anything, they just fold.

I got the mirrors from www.golfcartsandaccessories.com for under 30 bucks.

I highly doubt two round holes that small would ever affect the stations structurally.

Attachments

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
So I chickened out on drilling the new holes.. and went with a magnetic mount I made from princess auto 100lb magnets.

If they hold up I'll clean them up and paint them to match better. Cost 20$ for the 2 magnets.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I never saw those before. Hope it works out for you. Too late for me though, LOL.

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
I used these same magnet mounts for my bucket lvl indicator.. works well there... Altho it's a work in progress and I've adjusted the rod and holders. But the magnets are the same.