More on Fuel Problem

ostereh

I was tilling with my gray market L2201 DT diesel this morning and the engine just slowed and then quit. The first thing I did was try to start it again. I would sound like it was starting and then immediately fade and quit.

Figuring it was that it wasn't getting fuel and knowing that the fuel filter had not been replaced in 4-5 years, I changed the fuel filter. Then I attempted to blead the fuel line at the injectors. After I freed the injectors and cranked the engine nothing came out of the injector lines. (At first I had thought one line was bleeding, but it seemed more that the fuel was backing up out of where the injector inserts.) The next thing I did was try to start the tractor. Turned over but will not start.

Any ideas about what might have been the original problem when it voluntarily stopped?

Could it be something not related to fuel but to the elecrical system?

Hoping for help. We need to plant potatoes this weekend and the dealer won't be open until Tuesday.

Thanks in advance. Fred

bahmi

Aug 18, 2010
willington, conn. usa
I've got fuel to the injector pump on my G6200, but cannot get it started. I can get fulel out the bleed screw, but cannot seem to get fuel to the cracked injector nuts on top of each injector. What is happening here?

Jlillie

Equipment
B7300/backhoe-RTV900-G6200H-K008-3 :non orange:Takeuchi TB25
Oct 20, 2009
Williamstown, MA, USA
I've got fuel to the injector pump on my G6200, but cannot get it started. I can get fulel out the bleed screw, but cannot seem to get fuel to the cracked injector nuts on top of each injector. What is happening here?
Check and make sure your fuel pump is working, that unit has an electric unit under the seat area. (You should be able to see it under the fender, put a hand on it, and see if its vibrating when the key in on.