Your going to need weight on the back!

Reactions: 1 user

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Your going to need weight on the back!
Maybe not. I have a similar sized tractor with a front mount blower. The last two years I have not installed the counter weight, and it has done well. The rear tires are not loaded either.

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Maybe not. I have a similar sized tractor with a front mount blower. The last two years I have not installed the counter weight, and it has done well. The rear tires are not loaded either.
Might want to have a plan b just incase anyway. I can tell you from experience there is a huge difference between pushing and blowing snow. Especially in heavy snow. I have an old craftsman tractor not much smaller than a bx and wheel weights, chains, and my big ass it still fights for traction. Mind you its 2wd but its thats why I'm selling it this year. More than 4" of heavy snow and it struggles. 6" of the light stuff.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Might want to have a plan b just incase anyway. I can tell you from experience there is a huge difference between pushing and blowing snow. Especially in heavy snow. I have an old craftsman tractor not much smaller than a bx and wheel weights, chains, and my big ass it still fights for traction. Mind you its 2wd but its thats why I'm selling it this year. More than 4" of heavy snow and it struggles. 6" of the light stuff.
I have a box blade and 6/42 Lb JD Suitcase Weights to add to it. I also have a Belarus Weight Pack (plus mount) that weighs 550 Lbs for back-up. This winter will be testing season.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Nice to see others doing this with their JD blades. I converted my JD 54" blade onto my BX23s probably 3+yrs ago(?). I think i might have even posted pics on here of mine. I never got around to painting mine orange. I left the JD yellow paint on mine. It confuses people when they see a JD blade on a kubota, lol. Mine works very well.

I bought the kubota quick attach manifold for mine so i wouldn`t have to plug in each coupler.

Looks great @Trimley, nice job!

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
That looks good. It looks pretty far out front. My b7100 gets pushed around pretty good with the blade angled but I'm not sure how that translates to a BX. Hopefully you can go in a straight line when it's loaded up and the blade is angled. Not trying to be a Debbie downer, I'm seriously curious how it performs

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
That looks good. It looks pretty far out front. My b7100 gets pushed around pretty good with the blade angled but I'm not sure how that translates to a BX. Hopefully you can go in a straight line when it's loaded up and the blade is angled. Not trying to be a Debbie downer, I'm seriously curious how it performs
I think it will function well. Better than (due to the weight) my previous JDX739 I adapted it too and used for 5 years. It worked great on that one, but the Garden Tractor itself was on the light side. I think it will do well.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Nice to see others doing this with their JD blades. I converted my JD 54" blade onto my BX23s probably 3+yrs ago(?). I think i might have even posted pics on here of mine. I never got around to painting mine orange. I left the JD yellow paint on mine. It confuses people when they see a JD blade on a kubota, lol. Mine works very well.

I bought the kubota quick attach manifold for mine so i wouldn`t have to plug in each coupler.

Looks great @Trimley, nice job!
I feel pretty confident it will do well. The fittings are no big deal really, though now that you mention it, I may watch for a used manifold.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I feel pretty confident it will do well. The fittings are no big deal really, though now that you mention it, I may watch for a used manifold.
I tried that route, finding a used one. Almost 2yrs went by, never located a used one, so i bit the bullet and bought a new one from my kubota dealer. It cost me a couple hundred to put it all together, but it was well worth it, to me. With kubota jacking up all their prices lately, i can`t imagine what that manifold will cost today. Could probably check with Messick`s kubota, they might have a decent price on it. I think they might be a vendor in here(?). If they are, maybe they might be able to give you a decent price for the manifold. It does come complete too. All you`ll have to do is hook your 4 hoses to it.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I tried that route, finding a used one. Almost 2yrs went by, never located a used one, so i bit the bullet and bought a new one from my kubota dealer. It cost me a couple hundred to put it all together, but it was well worth it, to me. With kubota jacking up all their prices lately, i can`t imagine what that manifold will cost today. Could probably check with Messick`s kubota, they might have a decent price on it. I think they might be a vendor in here(?). If they are, maybe they might be able to give you a decent price for the manifold. It does come complete too. All you`ll have to do is hook your 4 hoses to it.
The individual fittings are actually easy to install, they push on without having to pull the ring back, like Pioneer type. They also have a ball bearing detent so you can rotate the ring and lock the mated pair together. To remove, rotate the ball to the detent and pull up on the ring. Pretty easy process.

When I put my hoses together I chose to use 3x Marine Shrink Tubing (in the Kubota dust cap colors) for a permanent method of marking them, as the dust caps were all red.

I've not seen any used manifolds for sale. To my knowledge of reading, the manifolds are upwards of $800.

Last edited:

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
I used colored zip ties four my marking my lines, cheap and easy to replace

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
The individual fittings are actually easy to install, they push on without having to pull the ring back, like Pioneer type. They also have a ball bearing detent so you can rotate the ring and lock the mated pair together. To remove, fotate the ball to the detent and pull up on the ring. Pretty easy process.

When I put my hoses together I chose to use 3x Marine Shrink Tubing (in the Kubota dust cap colors) for a permanent method of marking them, as the dust caps were all red.

I've not seen any used manifolds for sale. To my knowledge of reading, the manifolds are upwards of $800.
If you buy the complete manifold system, it could possibly run that much. But just the top part of it that clamps down onto the manifold on the tractor is only around $200 dollars. If i can find the paperwork to mine when i bought it, i`ll post the part number to it in here for you.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Thanks. The mark-up is insane. 33% depending on the part.
It sure is. Like i said earlier, i only paid $200 for mine, complete top manifold, mounted my hoses on, perfect. If i happen across one for a real good price, i`ll holler out to yah. I`ll add you to my "Follow" list to find you.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
It sure is. Like i said earlier, i only paid $200 for mine, complete top manifold, mounted my hoses on, perfect. If i happen across one for a real good price, i`ll holler out to yah. I`ll add you to my "Follow" list to find you.
Right on, thanks.