Mmm blade advice

Old300

Equipment
BX1800D
May 14, 2019
OREGON
Hey there,
new member here..I have a bx1800 with a mid-mount Kubota RCK54 and pto driven bagger. I would like to order a new set of blades for cutting/bagging. Is there a consensus on the best option for these tractors? I have used all types of blades on many decks over the years, but new to the kubota mid mount mowers. Thanks!!

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Don't know for sure with a bagger, but I have gator blades on my bx. Tough as nails. I snagged a brick with one, broke it into pieces and sent it flying through the side window of the jeep sitting nearby, just put a small nick in the blade. I'm on my 3rd year with them and only sharpened them once. I now 3 acres weekly.

The deck does a crappy job of picking up the grass behind front wheels, but it was worse with factory blades.

Old300

Equipment
BX1800D
May 14, 2019
OREGON
Don't know for sure with a bagger, but I have gator blades on my bx. Tough as nails. I snagged a brick with one, broke it into pieces and sent it flying through the side window of the jeep sitting nearby, just put a small nick in the blade. I'm on my 3rd year with them and only sharpened them once. I now 3 acres weekly.

The deck does a crappy job of picking up the grass behind front wheels, but it was worse with factory blades.
thanks for the reply. I will order a set and try them out. I do a lot of mowing so durability is a major plus.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I used gator mulchers when I had the BX23. They did a great job. Since I always alternated direction on each pass, there were virtually no clippings (they got cut twice). Doing so also leaves you with a nice stripe as well.

Get yourself some gator mulchers and you may not have to bother with the bagger. Besides, the clippings provide much needed nitrogen.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
My old compact tractor before the compact we have now was an older tractor. I bought the tractor then added dedicated attachments as I could find them.

The mower deck I got came with a set of new Gator blades. I used them and replaced with OEM standard high lift blades, I replaced those with a set of aftermarket high lift blades.

For the ground I covered at that time.... The gator blades didn't seem to give exceptional results or life. The OEM blades gave no worse but no better results or service life than the gator blades.

The aftermarket blades gave no better results, but no worse results or life than the other options.. But they did so at a lot lower price....

To do over I would go directly to the aftermarket high lift blades, sharpen and replace as needed and not look back.

This is the short version of my experience, and 5 cents of opinion...
Your results may vary..