Mid mount mower question

RD Gray

Equipment
BX2200 LA211 Loader 5' rear blade Woods PHD ph35
Oct 31, 2012
Luray, Virginia
Got around to putting it on today just to check and make sure everything works ok and to figure how they work. Never had a MMM before. So I guess when using a MMM you can't have anything on the tph. I didn't have anything on it today but if I did is there a way to keep it from lowering when lowering the deck. I know you can keep the deck up if using the TPH but I can't figure a way to keep the tph up when lowering the deck if there is a way.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
There's supposed to be a way you can lock out the mmm and still be able to use the 3pth. I do believe on the BX series you have a height control knob and I think it locks out the mmm. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

RD Gray

Equipment
Oct 31, 2012
Luray, Virginia
Eric I know how to keep the MMM up if using the three point hitch, but is there a way to keep the three point hitch up while lowering the MMM?

RD Gray

Equipment
Oct 31, 2012
Luray, Virginia
not unless you chain it up . You really should'nt have anything on the 3ph while youre mowing anyway.
It won't anything be on either end while mowing. I was just wondering if there was something I hadn't read anything on it. Thanks.

CDN2USA

Equipment
BX 22
May 21, 2013
Goochland, VA
Eric I know how to keep the MMM up if using the three point hitch, but is there a way to keep the three point hitch up while lowering the MMM?
How do you keep the MMM up when using the three point? That might be the answer to the problem I am having in reverse. I can't get the MMM low enough to easily remove or install the rear pins.

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
CDN2USA, I believe all the BX series tractors are the same. I have a BX1870 and when sitting on the tractor, back where my left heel would be, is a round black knob.

In order for me to keep the MMM linkage to stay up, I raise the three point hitch to its highest setting and turn this knob as far as it will go clockwise.

In order to bring the MMM linkage to its lowest setting, while the three point hitch is at its highest, I screw the black knob as far as it will go counter clockwise.

The knob, as I understand it, is to allow for incremental setting points for the MMM. As I don't have a MMM on my 1870 (I have instead a BXpanded under armor), I keep that black knob screwed all the way clockwise to keep the linkage up.

However, when I go to remove the under armor, I raise the three point hitch to its highest setting, unscrew the black knob fully counter clockwise and then when I lower the three point hitch, the MMM linkage also lowers to its lowest setting.

Hope this makes sense.

Ben

CDN2USA

Equipment
BX 22
May 21, 2013
Goochland, VA
CDN2USA, I believe all the BX series tractors are the same. I have a BX1870 and when sitting on the tractor, back where my left heel would be, is a round black knob.

In order for me to keep the MMM linkage to stay up, I raise the three point hitch to its highest setting and turn this knob as far as it will go clockwise.

In order to bring the MMM linkage to its lowest setting, while the three point hitch is at its highest, I screw the black knob as far as it will go counter clockwise.

The knob, as I understand it, is to allow for incremental setting points for the MMM. As I don't have a MMM on my 1870 (I have instead a BXpanded under armor), I keep that black knob screwed all the way clockwise to keep the linkage up.

However, when I go to remove the under armor, I raise the three point hitch to its highest setting, unscrew the black knob fully counter clockwise and then when I lower the three point hitch, the MMM linkage also lowers to its lowest setting.

Hope this makes sense.

Ben
Thanks I will take a closer look.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Got around to putting it on today just to check and make sure everything works ok and to figure how they work. Never had a MMM before. So I guess when using a MMM you can't have anything on the tph. I didn't have anything on it today but if I did is there a way to keep it from lowering when lowering the deck. I know you can keep the deck up if using the TPH but I can't figure a way to keep the tph up when lowering the deck if there is a way.
I am not sure of your BX2200 is like my BX1860, but my owners manual showed me how to lock an implement to the frame of the tractor to keep it from moving up and down while raising or lowering the MMM. Take a look at this picture, it should be self explanitory.

Attachments