Match for Kubota paint?

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
I see that Home Depot sells Rust-Oleum Farm & Implement Kubota Orange paint online.

Good paint?

Good color match?

Better choices?

Thanks.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
They sell it at TSC stores also.
Good paint, but I do not like the nozzle. It is too concentrated of a spray pattern (actually, not pattern at all). It us hard to lay down a coat without drips. Last time I bought the cheaper brand at TSC (don't remember the name), and it had a much better nozzle an laid down a good spray pattern that was easier to get it to look good. Also seemed to match good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I have used the TSC kubota orange and it did not match well in my opinion it was more orange and when comparing to tractor it appeared to have more red tint to it.

Hard to tell in picture but in person you can see the difference.

I'm going to dealer today to pick up some rattle cans of their paint. I don't use much so the additional cost will be minimal.

Attachments

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
Kubota has changed the color of the orange tractor paint back somewhere around 1989 I think. So when you buy non Kubota manufactured paint you don't know which color of orange you are getting unless it is specifically called out in the paint description.

It has been my experience that the Kubota orange paint fades pretty significantly if your tractor spends much of its time outdoors. So it is pretty hard to get an exact match even if you use original Kubota paint.

My B3000 has the newer Kubota Orange paint and I bought a quart of original Kubota orange from the Kubota dealer (in May of 2017) and it didn't match my 5 year old tractor very closely at all.

I have used Rustoleum Lobster Red to paint my fenders and it is pretty close match to the newest Kubota orange paint, but not exact.

So I think this paint thing is a moving target in my opinion. If you are trying to do some touch up you will likely notice a difference with even the Kubota brand paint. Probably best to paint an entire fender or hood or ??? to minimize the visible contrast of new paint against the old paint.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
My dealer said the new paint color, post 1996 is Kubota Orange 2.

No way of knowing if this is accurate just what I was told by the dealer.

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
Lobster red at Walmart @ 3.96 a can. Sunburst yellow for your JD 212 mower deck. Have used the lobster paint without it turning pink setting outdoors in Ohio year round.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
My dealer did not have Kubota orange, instead they stock Kimball Midwest bright orange and said it was a good match and held up better. For what they charged it should hold up, I think it was like $16 a can, but it is a good match and the can should last a while. You could tell it was quality by the way it sprayed and covered.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
The Rustoleum Kubota Orange is great frankly. I spray thick and u would have a hard time telling it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
My local tractor place North40 sells Van Sickle paint. It is an exact match for my Kubota. It comes in Aerosol, quarts and gallons and a good poly hardner is available.