Manuals for excavator KX161-3 and starter problem

Piejukes

Equipment
Excavator KX 161-3
May 27, 2014
Brandy Creek Australia
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone has electronic copies of the Part Manual, Operators Manual, and/or Service Manual for this Kubota excavator KX 161-3 serial no. 20565

I've got an old excavator and it came with no documents. I see there is a way to get a look at the parts lists online if you are in the USA which I am not so I can't get a look at them.

I'd really appreciate some help finding electronic copies.

Also currently it is not starting. I turn the key and all the lights come on. Turn it to start and there is a click but no start the battery voltage is ok and even using jumper leads from the running tractor doesn't help. When I turn it to start there is a big current draw and the voltage drops momentarily so I guess it's the starter solenoid??! If it's anything like a car starter. I'll have to pull out the seat and half the cab to get to it from the top. I'll check access from underneath as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks heaps.
Paul

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It works the same as a car starter. I'll right down the info for your trackhoe and see what i can find on it. Have you tried kubota.servicemanualvault.com thhats where i was able to get the service manual for my tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It takes a P/N 17123-63016 starter.
If you don't have a good dealer in your area, there are some on EBay.

Here is what your looking at inside:
KX161-3.JPG

DooRules

Equipment
L245DT, KH161-3, M9850DT, L3800DT
When you pull the seat there is an access panel on the back wall of the cab, 4 nuts and it comes off. You can get the starter there. I had to have mine rebuilt last year. Not too much trouble at all once the seat is out bud.

Piejukes

Equipment
Excavator KX 161-3
May 27, 2014
Brandy Creek Australia
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delay. I was waiting to hear from the service manual vault. They didn't have one listed so I posted a query but no reply. Any other tips on where I can get hold of a manual?

I got the starter motor going thanks to all the advice and the diagram. I just pulled it apart and cleaned all the contacts (solenoid and brushed) and it goes ok now. No more hiccups. We've had a long tropical wet season so probably just a bit of humidity and corrosion. Thanks heaps.

Piejukes

Equipment
Excavator KX 161-3
May 27, 2014
Brandy Creek Australia
Wolfman where did you get that image from? A pdf of the parts manual might be all I need. I've got a slow leak in the hydraulic stack and will need to put a seal kit through it. Knowing what's under that next plate would be awesome. Any ideas where I could get it from? Thanks heaps.