M95S Hydraulic oil light

gyro28866

Equipment
M95S
Jun 18, 2013
Dickson, Tennessee
I purchased this M95S new in 2006, It now has approx. 2100 hours on it.
At the end of the hay season last year, I did an oils and filters change, all of them.
The entire time I have owned this tractor, if it sits for several weeks; when you first start it up. The loader and steering don't work for 15 - 20 seconds; and if you put it into gear and let the clutch out and engage the hydraulic shuttle shift. It will take several to 5-10 seconds to engage and drive. That being said, I do not try to drive until the steering and loader are working properly. I realize there is probably a lack of hydraulic oil flow and/or pressure. The Kubota dealer I purchased this tractor from, checked it out and said it was normal. So, I have accepted it and always been mindful of it. Once operating, it performs perfectly.
Over the winter and spring months, an red indicator light has come on in the top of the instrument cluster, (I thought it was engine oil, troubleshoot sending unit, replaced sending unit, etc, so I have been ignoring it) Yesterday, when cleaning the tractor doing some PM and getting ready to go back the hay fields. The friend which was helping me, noticed the light; and asked about it. He proclaimed, look here dummy, it is the hydraulic oil light. Yep, I think he is right.
Back in the fall, the light was on and then at the end of the season is when I did the oils and filters change; with "Kubota" brand filters from a local dealer. The light did not go out, it is still on; however-I was thinking bad wire grounding out before the sending unit and considering a mechanical gauge to monitor it. So, my bad. It is, I am now assuming a "Hydraulic" indicator light.
I cannot find much information out here on the net. The filter change did not cause the light to go out. I would not think there is a double pump failing at the same time. Is there a pre-pump filter/screen? Where is the sending unit located? etc.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The symptoms that your explaining sounds like you have a suction side leak.

If it's much less noticeable when it's run back to back, and then is exaggerated when it sits for any length of time, that sounds like it's leaking down and sucking air.
Check the suction side line and fittings for a weeping leak, It could also be the pump seals, or a blockage on the suction side.

Check out all these pipes, hoses and fittings.

Attachments

Last edited:

gyro28866

Equipment
M95S
Jun 18, 2013
Dickson, Tennessee
Hello Wolfman:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Several times a year, I will pressure wash the engine, tranny, differ area and knock the crud off. I washed the tractor today, and found it had a great deal more residue around the tranny and differential areas, than what is normal. I will crawl under there and start looking.
Any ideas on the "light"?