M7060HDC working lights issue

ARM7060

Equipment
M7060HDC
Jan 10, 2023
Ruston, LA
I've got a M7060 and none of the working lights will come on. I've checked wires where I could and checked the fuses and all looks good. The switches come on, but none of the lights will. Any suggestions?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Use a multimeter to confirm where you have power and where you don't. Start at the switches, end at the bulb sockets. You mention power at the switches. Is it likely that all the bulbs have failed? At the very least if you have power to the switches but no power out of the switches, or power out but nothing at the bulb socket you'll know something more definitive.

Some accessories use relays such that a high amperage circuit is energized when a low amperage relay circuit is activated. Very common in autos so you might have a failed relay which is a simple fix ... typically. Maybe check out a wiring diagram for the M7060.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I’m gonna say it’s not a switch. You stated non of the working lights are working. On m7060 cab model the front and rear work lights are on separate switches. Separate relays. This sounds like a fuse issue to me. This is a diagram that I found when trying to figure out what the extra set of wires was for at the top front cab work lights. Check every fuse you can find under the bonnet. I’m sure someone can provide a better wiring diagram

Attachments

ARM7060

Equipment
M7060HDC
Jan 10, 2023
Ruston, LA
I’m gonna say it’s not a switch. You stated non of the working lights are working. On m7060 cab model the front and rear work lights are on separate switches. Separate relays. This sounds like a fuse issue to me. This is a diagram that I found when trying to figure out what the extra set of wires was for at the top front cab work lights. Check every fuse you can find under the bonnet. I’m sure someone can provide a better wiring diagram
I've checked fuses, but Ill check again.

ARM7060

Equipment
M7060HDC
Jan 10, 2023
Ruston, LA
Use a multimeter to confirm where you have power and where you don't. Start at the switches, end at the bulb sockets. You mention power at the switches. Is it likely that all the bulbs have failed? At the very least if you have power to the switches but no power out of the switches, or power out but nothing at the bulb socket you'll know something more definitive.

Some accessories use relays such that a high amperage circuit is energized when a low amperage relay circuit is activated. Very common in autos so you might have a failed relay which is a simple fix ... typically. Maybe check out a wiring diagram for the M7060.
I will check bulbs, just couldn't imagine all of them being out.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Be sure to check for power at each fuse. Sometimes these could be inline fuses as well as the fuse box fuse

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I will check bulbs, just couldn't imagine all of them being out.
Yeah, it seems unlikely, and they're not like the old Christmas lights wired in series where if one is out, they're all out. As I said above, could be a bad relay.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
On Hkb2’s diagram, it looks like the cigarette lighter, front and rear work lights are on the same relay. See if the lighter socket is working. If not, I’d say it;s the relay. Should be able to swap with another relay to see if that solves the problem.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
There are slow blow fuses at the battery you might check too. A meter or test light can help find where the power is lost.

Reactions: 1 user

ARM7060

Equipment
M7060HDC
Jan 10, 2023
Ruston, LA
On Hkb2’s diagram, it looks like the cigarette lighter, front and rear work lights are on the same relay. See if the lighter socket is working. If not, I’d say it;s the relay. Should be able to swap with another relay to see if that solves the problem.
Know where that relay is?

ARM7060

Equipment
M7060HDC
Jan 10, 2023
Ruston, LA
Replaced this relay, but they still don't work. I previously stated the switches light up when I turn them on, but they do not. I guess the issue is between the switch and battery. I replaced the slow blow fuse by the battery. I have a relay to replace under the hood, but don't know which one would control the working lights.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I just looked at the WSM. There are two relays, one for the front work lights and one for the rear work lights and accessories. I doubt that both relays have failed at the same time. According to the manual, you would access the switch connectors and see if you have 12 volts to the connector. If not (and since your indicator lights aren’t coming on) it sounds like you don’t have 12 volts to the switches. If that is the case, the WSM says it’s the fuse or the wiring harness that is at fault. If the fuse is not blown, you will have to trace the harness and check any connectors for damage including pins that have been pushed back inside the connectors. Check for chaffing, rodent damage to the harness.

ARM7060

Equipment
M7060HDC
Jan 10, 2023
Ruston, LA
I just looked at the WSM. There are two relays, one for the front work lights and one for the rear work lights and accessories. I doubt that both relays have failed at the same time. According to the manual, you would access the switch connectors and see if you have 12 volts to the connector. If not (and since your indicator lights aren’t coming on) it sounds like you don’t have 12 volts to the switches. If that is the case, the WSM says it’s the fuse or the wiring harness that is at fault. If the fuse is not blown, you will have to trace the harness and check any connectors for damage including pins that have been pushed back inside the connectors. Check for chaffing, rodent damage to the harness.
Thanks, doesn't sound like it will be a fun process. Not as easy to trace these wires with a cab.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
ARM7060, Dustyx2’s wiring diagram only shows the one relay. My WSM showed 2 relays (one front, one rear) so there has been a change. Dustyx2, can you take a shot of the relay locations. My WSM showed two separate relay trays with the relay legend. I believe my WSM was relay 3 for the front lights and relay 10 for the rear lights. I don’t have access to the WSM now. My reference page was S-193 if I remember right.