M7040suhd tool box and skid plate

zehrbrox

Equipment
m7040suhd, int 986, farmall A, JD 160CLC
Jan 23, 2016
Canada Ontario
here are some of the things I've done to my M7040 tool box was $17can from Walmart.ca. its 16"x6"x6.5" just fits between 4wd shifter and rops, lid dosen't open all the way but still enough to get whatever is needed, and it's not plastic! Skid plate I just through together with what was laying around. the angle iron is longer in case I decide to add to it. IMO if one is to use angle iron for support have it with the angle so a stick will ride up and get trapped in the angle and break instead of riding up the face and into the tractor. see attached image.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks Zehrbrox
I have a M7040 and the only thing I don't like about is is the lack of storage.
Your idea will be a big help.
Dave M7040

zehrbrox

Equipment
Jan 23, 2016
Canada Ontario
good to hear, I found there's not as much info on the bigger tractors so that's why I posted it. also if you have a loader have you seen the loader pin mod with the spring and washer have hear of guys having the pins back out on them. cheap insurance

Attachments

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
For good storage and rugged application, if you have access to an army surplus store, or in my case, a Princess Auto store here in Canada, they have 30 cal. and 50 cal. (known as Fat 50's) Ammo Boxes, built rugged, with removable hinged covers with rubber gasket and waterproof snap clasp, for great prioces too. I bought the 30cal. box as a tool/storage for my BX25, and had it not been for the location of my Aux. dual spool valve, would have used the Fat50 Ammo box.
There is a photo in my KubotaCab posting in the Fabrication area.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
good to hear, I found there's not as much info on the bigger tractors so that's why I posted it. also if you have a loader have you seen the loader pin mod with the spring and washer have hear of guys having the pins back out on them. cheap insurance
Is there some kind of pin keeping the washer from falling off? Can tell from the pictures.

zehrbrox

Equipment
Jan 23, 2016
Canada Ontario
great Idea on the ammo box just saw them the other day in the flyer. wish I would have thought of that instead oh well!! And yes I used a cotter pin just drill a small hole in the keeper pin part than slide your spring on than washer and install cotter pin and bend! done.