M6800 Loader valve question

TheDirt

Equipment
Kubota m6800
May 4, 2022
VT
Hi All,
I was hoping someone here might help me with a question I have about the 2 spool valve on my loader.
my machine (2002? I think?) has a Woods 1027 loader, this is a cab tractor so the valve is mounted to loader carrier frame and has cables running into the cab to the joystick. I recently mangled the valve with a stick that was picked up by a tire chain and broke the cap off one of the spools. it also broke where the spring is held off the end of that spool. this is probably repairable but I had been having other issues I think related to this valve: occasionally if I was running something off the remotes i would lose all hydraulic power and a noise would be coming from the area of that loader valve that sounded like a spool was loading up. if i shut off the remotes and fiddled with the loader joystick it seemed to release that pressure and work ok again. I have had similar issues with PTO power, which would get weak and seemed to be related to something in that loader valve making a very loud noise.
Anyway, this is all to say that i would like to just replace the entire valve with a new or rebuilt one, problem is they aren't very common. The valve is stamped as a HUSCO 46697, I'm hoping that it can perhaps be swapped out with a generic 2spool valve but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, anyone else here been down this road before? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi All,
I was hoping someone here might help me with a question I have about the 2 spool valve on my loader.
my machine (2002? I think?) has a Woods 1027 loader, this is a cab tractor so the valve is mounted to loader carrier frame and has cables running into the cab to the joystick. I recently mangled the valve with a stick that was picked up by a tire chain and broke the cap off one of the spools. it also broke where the spring is held off the end of that spool. this is probably repairable but I had been having other issues I think related to this valve: occasionally if I was running something off the remotes i would lose all hydraulic power and a noise would be coming from the area of that loader valve that sounded like a spool was loading up. if i shut off the remotes and fiddled with the loader joystick it seemed to release that pressure and work ok again. I have had similar issues with PTO power, which would get weak and seemed to be related to something in that loader valve making a very loud noise.
Anyway, this is all to say that i would like to just replace the entire valve with a new or rebuilt one, problem is they aren't very common. The valve is stamped as a HUSCO 46697, I'm hoping that it can perhaps be swapped out with a generic 2spool valve but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, anyone else here been down this road before? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
The central problem here is the cable controls. You could easily find an affordable generic replacement for the valve but getting it to work with the existing cable system could be tricky. Messicks parts catalog for that loader does not show your valve part number but it it does have 3 versions with similar numbers. How does this diagram compare to what you have? The sketch of the valve looks suspiciosly like a sectional valve but its not broken down if it is. Does your valve have end to end tie rod bolts holding it together? A picture of your valve would be helpful

Messicks wants $3K for that Husco valve which is insane. You could easily buy a new cable joystick, cables, and matching two spool valve for half or less of that.

The Woods cable system seems to thread into the ends of the Husco spools so that's a plus. The least expensive solution would be to find a generic valve with threaded spools and make or source parts to connect the Woods cables to it.

Dan

1651670942566.png

TheDirt

Equipment
Kubota m6800
May 4, 2022
VT
Dan
Thanks Dan,
this is great information,
Im attaching a couple pictures of my valve, they aren't great but maybe help give the general idea, you can see a red spool cap i cobbed on there to limp that spool along but without the spring the loader is always dropping unless you hold it in place with the joystick, not very handy.
Its a Husco 5000-B323A valve which is a sectional valve I believe.
To further complicate things I am beginning to wonder if some of my other hydraulic issues could also be related to the pump, I tested the pressure and its got good power, but its a replacement pump and Im curious if it might not be correct: closed center vs. open center, gets kind of complex based on what I am reading.
But in any event the valve is the first priority. Also, I believe the cable housing threads into the end of those metal cylinders on the bottom of the valve and that the end of the cable itself is like a yoke or fork that pins to the spool but i would have to explore that further, in that case it might work with a "normal" valve spool configuration.
Thanks!

Attachments

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
You can convert most prince sv or rd5000 valves for cable operation. Use to use them frequently for dump teuck controls. They are pretty dependable and come in many configurations. Any local hydraulic shop should be able to hook you up at half the cost of kubota.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You can convert most prince sv or rd5000 valves for cable operation. Use to use them frequently for dump teuck controls. They are pretty dependable and come in many configurations. Any local hydraulic shop should be able to hook you up at half the cost of kubota.
The SV valves are 12 GPM and that tractor is 17 GPM so its probably out. The RD5200 is big enough but the chances of the existing cables fitting it are not real good. He would probably need to replace everthing from joystick to valve inclusive - figure $350-$450 for the valve and another $300 for controls..

Dan

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
The SV valves are 12 GPM and that tractor is 17 GPM so its probably out. The RD5200 is big enough but the chances of the existing cables fitting it are not real good. He would probably need to replace everthing from joystick to valve inclusive - figure $350-$450 for the valve and another $300 for controls..

Dan
I was thinking the sv would work but I didn't look up the tractors flow rating. The rd5000 series would be a viable contender then. Easily had and priced reasonably. I would assume open center with power beyond function and a remote kit and he would be home free.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I was thinking the sv would work but I didn't look up the tractors flow rating. The rd5000 series would be a viable contender then. Easily had and priced reasonably. I would assume open center with power beyond function and a remote kit and he would be home free.
That would work. Another option with a bit more flexibility would be Bucher HDS21 sectionals with a remote kit. That would give him the flexibility of adding a another spool in the future. I just priced that online - everything in stock and ready to ship:

Inlet section with releif: $111.36[
Work section - 4 way, 4 position, with float: $200.62
Work section - 4 way 3 position: $155.88
Outlet section with power beyond: $77.37
Tie rod kit: $7.05
Joystick with mounting tower: $196.00
Two 8' cables: $68.34
Two cable connector kits for the spools: $82.04

Total: $900.62

Not exactly cheap but they are high quality valves.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here is an "economy" candidate. - the description says 11 GPM but its actually 21 GPM.

Two spool valve with float and power beyond is $270
Joystick $200
Two 8' cables: $190
Cable kits for spools $40

Total: $700, no tax and no shipping.

Cable controls for all of these valves wind up costing as much or more than the valve itself. If you can fabricate a spool adapter to match the existing cables you would be way ahead.

Dan

TheDirt

Equipment
Kubota m6800
May 4, 2022
VT
Wow, guys! this is amazingly helpful.
I am looking the two options you posted Dan, I think i may go with the economy summit mono block with a power beyond adapter, I am thinking i can try and retrofit my cable setup to fit but if not ill buy another set through summit.
I will keep you posted what i go with and how things progress,
Thanks again!!!!!

TheDirt

Equipment
Kubota m6800
May 4, 2022
VT
Out of curiosity, where were you pricing the bucher hds21 valve from? thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Wow, guys! this is amazingly helpful.
I am looking the two options you posted Dan, I think i may go with the economy summit mono block with a power beyond adapter, I am thinking i can try and retrofit my cable setup to fit but if not ill buy another set through summit.
I will keep you posted what i go with and how things progress,
Thanks again!!!!!
Please note that Summit valve is currently back ordered.

That said I like the way you are thinking. You should probably consider using the Summit cable adapters along with the valve.

I have a P40 valve with joystick cable control on the shelf here. Its an 11 GPM valve but the joystick, cables, and valve adapters are the same as the 21 GPM P80 valve. See picture below. I will have a look at it tomorrow to see what might be needed to adapt it to your cables. I am thinking a replacement clevis and rethreading the housing to match the ends on your cables.

Dan

1651713146753.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Out of curiosity, where were you pricing the bucher hds21 valve from? thanks
Trausch Dynamics. I really like the Bucher product family. A little more expensive than Prince sectionals but Trausch stocks a lot of options that you cant get with Prince.

Dan

Last edited:

TheDirt

Equipment
Kubota m6800
May 4, 2022
VT
An 11gpm valve would technically work for this machine, let me know if that is something you'd like to sell, thanks!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
An 11gpm valve would technically work for this machine, let me know if that is something you'd like to sell, thanks!
Hmmm, when I first looked the M6800 up I got 17 GPM. Tractor Data says 11 GPM. I wish Kubota would ditch the total flow number and stick with implement flow.

The valve I have is brand new and I would sell it but it has BSPP ports. Not a big deal but you need to get the correct port adapters for it. You can0 buy one with SAE ports from Summit. SAE adapters are a little cheaper.

Dan