M5400 seat issue

Quailtail

Equipment
M5400
May 15, 2009
Versailles KY
I just bought this tractor and after getting the PTO repaired I notice the seat is bolted directly to the tractor. It is the original seat and it is in good condition. It will slide back and forth but there is no suspension what so ever. This makes for a rough ride on rough ground.

Can the original seat be replaced with one with some suspension? Seems strange they would build a tractor of this size and not have a decent seating arrangement.

Quailtail

Equipment
M5400
May 15, 2009
Versailles KY
Thanks for the info. Is there a specific brand that out shines the others? I notice Tractor Supply has several as well as other companies.

Curbster

Equipment
L-185 DT
Feb 19, 2009
Nelson, B.C.
Yes indeed, a pillow properly positioned in a tough plastic bag certainly assists in cushioning tender parts! The seats on these old bowsers were not designed for comfort, so after I welded the darn thing back up a time or two I figured an extra padding would be appreciated. I was right! :)

I was down in Vancouver recently at the Ritchie Bros. auction and took some pictures of the Kubotas for sale - will post them in the grey tractor section.