M4500dt hydraulic problems

mtn man

Equipment
M4500dt, m1810 loader
Aug 27, 2023
Utah
I have a m4500dt, given to me by father in law. The 3pt arms won't lower, it is not the lowering control valve, nor the remote spool valves stuck open. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, also there is an inspection/adjustment under the seat, through a port covered with a rubber plug. I am curious what this adjustment is, and what it should be adjusted to. Thanks, chris

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would suggest investing in the WSM as it will have the answer on what it adjusts.
That tractor has a unique three point set up and doesn't match newer setups.

Reactions: 1 users

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
I have a m4500dt, given to me by father in law. The 3pt arms won't lower, it is not the lowering control valve, nor the remote spool valves stuck open. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, also there is an inspection/adjustment under the seat, through a port covered with a rubber plug. I am curious what this adjustment is, and what it should be adjusted to. Thanks, chris
PM me - I can help with the manual.

Reactions: 1 user

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Make sure the hydraulic response speed valve under the seat is in the position for the fastest response. On my 4500 it doesn't have to be adjusted much toward the slow side before they won't lower with no load on the arms.

mtn man

Equipment
M4500dt, m1810 loader
Aug 27, 2023
Utah
Make sure the hydraulic response speed valve under the seat is in the position for the fastest response. On my 4500 it doesn't have to be adjusted much toward the slow side before they won't lower with no load on the arms.
I'll double check it, but it won't lower no matter where the speed valve is. My father in law may have made some adjustments to make the 3pt stay up, he used the old tractor as a log loader in the timber years ago, had some ballast on the back end for the fel

mtn man

Equipment
M4500dt, m1810 loader
Aug 27, 2023
Utah
I’ve got it wide open, tried it every which way, no change

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Id be very interested, not sure how to pm you
Go up to the post fro @JohnDB and click on his na on the left side, then select “start conversation” and you will be private messaging (PM)

I think you can also click on the orange name in thi post

Reactions: 1 user

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Go up to the post fro @JohnDB and click on his na on the left side, then select “start conversation” and you will be private messaging (PM)

I think you can also click on the orange name in thi post
Yip, thanks Russell, he now has access to the manual.

mtn man

Equipment
M4500dt, m1810 loader
Aug 27, 2023
Utah
So after getting the manual, and testing a little, I tore the cylinder off and disassembled the control valve and piston/cylinder. It was all froze up solid with years of accumulated crud, caused by never using the 3pt hitch. Cleaned er all up, put it back together and it works like a champ. Thanks for all the help and info!!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
So after getting the manual, and testing a little, I tore the cylinder off and disassembled the control valve and piston/cylinder. It was all froze up solid with years of accumulated crud, caused by never using the 3pt hitch. Cleaned er all up, put it back together and it works like a champ. Thanks for all the help and info!!
That is excellent news.

I think I would consider changing all the hydraulic fluid and filters. Also the engine oil and filters and the air filter.

Then you will know when they were changed, unless you can find out from the father in law