lose fuel filter nipple on B7100

Chrissy

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 5, 2015
Ventura, California
This is likely a dumb question but here goes:

I was pulling the stiff old fuel line off of the fuel filter nipple and the nipple nearly pulled out. It is some type of press fit brass nipple without threads. I have to assume that they expand internally when they are installed. I was going to tap the thing in and see if it reseals but wanted to see if anyone knows for sure. Shoulda cut the line. What was I thinking?:eek:

I've seen these on carbs and fuel filter housings for years but cant remember ever loosening one up.

Thanks!

Calman93611

Equipment
Kubota B7100 w/FEL & BH, Kubota B7100 w/FEL and box scraper, Kubota K008,
Mar 8, 2015
Clovis, CA
This is likely a dumb question but here goes:

I was pulling the stiff old fuel line off of the fuel filter nipple and the nipple nearly pulled out. It is some type of press fit brass nipple without threads. I have to assume that they expand internally when they are installed. I was going to tap the thing in and see if it reseals but wanted to see if anyone knows for sure. Shoulda cut the line. What was I thinking?:eek:

I've seen these on carbs and fuel filter housings for years but cant remember ever loosening one up.

Thanks!
Hi Chrissy, I was looking at my B7100 parts manual, and also looked at my fuel filter. Mine is cast, as also in the parts manual, with the barb as part of the casting. IF yours pulled out then it appears that someone broke it before and added the brass nipple. That is NOT a stock part. I will mic the part and see if it is possible to thread the fuel filter body to add a brass screw in barbed nipple.

Ok, I mic'd the fuel filter body and it is possible to thread it to 5/16", make a custom piece where you could screw in a 1/4" barbed fitting.

I also found the whole thing on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubota-6A32...603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4627c7801b

but do not know if this will fit, it looks as though it will bolt up.

BTW, what model backhoe do you have for your B7100?

Last edited:

Chrissy

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 5, 2015
Ventura, California
Hi Calman,
I was mistaken! The brass nipple that came loose was on the fuel pump. My bad. I used a wood drift and tapped it in snug and it is good and tight. As for my backhoe, I have a friend who is going to sell me one if the tractor ever comes together. I have yet to look at it but it is the one that came with his B7100 hst when he bought it new.

Chrissy

Calman93611

Equipment
Kubota B7100 w/FEL & BH, Kubota B7100 w/FEL and box scraper, Kubota K008,
Mar 8, 2015
Clovis, CA
Hi Chrissy,

just make sure you get the subframe. From my search it seems these are impossible to get anymore unless you buy an aftermarket, then you pay premium bucks.