Looking to buy a B2320

Looney

Equipment
B3300SU, Land Pride 60" Rotary Mower, Post hole Auger with 12" Auger.
Oct 22, 2011
Loomis, CA
Hello all, New to the forum and to owning a tractor. My Family and myself are getting ready to make the move from the burbs to the country. I grew up in rural Ohio, but it has been over 20 years for me, and I married a city girl.I've been lurking the last couple of weeks reading about buying a Kubota and I am getting ready to pull the trigger. There is very little used inventory on the market in my area. So I was going to buy new.

I have a quote from the local Kubota dealer for a B2320 with an LA304 Loader. The price is $15,000. They are also giving me a $700 rebate if I pay cash. That seems like a good deal to me, but wanted to bounce it off of the experts.

The second part of my question is around usage. I am closing next week on a house with 5 acres. I am getting this tractor more as a fun toy for myself:D(Good thing my wife doesn't read this forum) but I will be using it to dig postholes, move some dirt around, and hauling hay bales around. This tractor seems to be the right fit for that. I know from reading other posts that you should go bigger if you can, but I think this is a good fit for my needs. I am buying a 54" box scraper and a Post hole digger with 9" auger at the same time I buy the trator.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this great forum!

Charles

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
This is an all around nice tractor. You won't be disappointed. I have the B2920 and love it. No complaints yet and I worked her pretty good this summer.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I seriously considered buying a B Series three years ago when I bought my BX2660. They are really nice tractors and the 2320 is a popular model. My choice among the Bxx20 Series would be the 2920 as the little extra power comes in handy on PTO operated equipment.

If money is not a big deal (yeah I know when isn't it), I much prefer the B2630/3030 for the added weight, position control 3PH etc.

I went with the BX as I have other units for tractor stuff or I would have gotten a B.

Bottom line I guess is the Bxx20 offers a good little tractor for a reasonable price and remember the saying "bigger isn't always better, sometimes it is just bigger".

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
I bought a B2620 two years ago and really like it. I own 4 acres with a long gravel driveway. I keep the snow off the driveway with a front mount blower in the winter and a rear blade to keep it level in the summer. It has lots of power to move wood and dirt around and I bush hog a couple of acres for some neighbours. I originally tried out a BX and really enjoyed using it but the difference in size had an impressive change from the BX. I was taking the advice that bigger and more power is better, so the 2620 was at the very outside of my budget so that is what I ended up with.

I think you'll be happy with the B2320, it's a real nice machine. Good luck making up your mind.

ed

Looney

Equipment
Oct 22, 2011
Loomis, CA
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will be making up my mind next week. I'll keep you all posted on which way I go. I think I'll be happy either way I go. I'll post some pictures of the machine when I get it.

Cheers

Charles

Looney

Equipment
Oct 22, 2011
Loomis, CA
Well, I was looking to buy a B2320, but ended up buying a different tractor. After driving a bunch of Kubotas I ended up buying the B3300SU :) I really liked the unit and I got a good rebate. It was $1450 more than the B2320, but I liked the bigger FEL and the HP. It doesn't have a Mid Mount PTO, but I don't plan on having anything attached to one anyway. I plan on having this machine for many many years and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. For other's reference in California, I paid $16,450.

It is being delivered tomorrow. I will post some pictures of it soon. Thanks again for all of your advice.

Cheers

Charles

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
CONGRATS! We sometimes often say around here when in doubt go with a larger tractor. In the land of tractors bigger is always better! Sounds like you did good on your purchase!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Welcome to the Kubota family :)
Now we just need pictures of your little bundle of joy :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I wanted the 2620 but with the orchard everything was a tad to big so I went with the 2360, smaller but I work the snot out of her, however Tractors i have come to find out are like bikes,,, Mines bigger than yours,,lol,, enjoy

Looney

Equipment
Oct 22, 2011
Loomis, CA
Well, things are going great with the tractor. I'm pulling all of the carpet out of the house and getting hardwood delivered soon, so I haven't had much time to play with it. Here is a picture of the tractor in front of my barn.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Charles

Attachments

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
Great buy. After 50+ years of buying tractor I learn that the model I wanted was ok but the next one up in HP is the way to go. Just that one time when you need it then it is there for you. You will love it.

Dave Pidgeon
New Haven,Vt.

rbrb561

Equipment
L 3200 hst 4x4
May 13, 2013
Indiana
My 2013 b2320 has done everything I asked of it for the 42 hours I'v used it, still wished I had gone bigger, b3200 or even l3200. Not sure I'm willing to take the beating I'm sure I'd take trading