loader settles while engine running

jtherrien

Jan 25, 2012
merrimack, NH
The loader settles, even when empty, while the tractor is operating. There are no obvious leaks from the cylinders. Is there a way to tell if the problem is the control valve?
Can the valve be rebuilt, or is there a replacement available...the loader is a B219 from 1977, valve is 2 spool, 800psi. I don't know what the flow is from the front pto mounted pump.

thanks

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
My B1750 has the same problem. When I am mowing the lawn, I have to watch to keep the bucket from hitting. I line the cross bar with the top of hte hood. In a couple of passes, it will gradually drop several inches, and has to be adjusted up. I have no visible leaks, and assume the o-rings in the valve body must be worn and fluid is seeping past. I guess if I were smart enough to figure out what I need to rebuild the valve, which probably means replacing o-rings, I should do that.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Usually its the lift cylendars on the loader arms. My dads L275 has had the same problems for years. Several times the cylendars and been taking to a hydraulic shop to be repaired and repacked. I think his problem now is the spool valve to work the controls needs to be replaced by now.