Loader Quick Connect Trick . What is it ???

Yoder

Dec 12, 2016
South East NC
So I took my loader off last week . Today the reinstall went haywire for the life of me I could not get two of the disconnects to reconnect the white and yellow
I finally got the white but the yellow I had to bleed the line and made a big mess on the tractor and my grass . I would probably never remove again if this is the norm . What is the trick ? I have quick connects for a 4 in 1 bucket that give me trouble sometimes. All my other tractors did not have wet lines or I never unhooked the loader.

Thanks

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
I had a problem connecting one of the hoses after storing the FEL over the winter. I had to hit the nipple with a hammer and screwdriver to release the pressure.

When I posted about it here, people told me to connect the hoses that will go on easy and then to work the control lever to release the pressure in the lines and the "trouble" fitting should go on with ease. I will try that again the next time I have a problem.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When I was taking my loader off I made it a point to do two things.

1. Before unhooking the lines kill the engine and cycle the loader control thru all functions to relieve any pressure.

2. Don't let the loader sit in direct sunlight. It will heat the fluid in the cylinders and raise the pressure which makes it hard to hook up.

Doing these 2 things I never had any problem.

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Yep, pressure in the lines/cylinder will drive a man insane. If you have no other option, you might be able to carefully push a pencil eraser/blunt screwdriver into the valve at the end of the hose. It might get messy and someone may tell me I'm nuts but I've resorted to it at least once before.

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
Yeah that's happened on my backhoe on/off once before. Went to reattach the tractor end of the loop and the quick disconnect brush wouldn't engage. Had to bop it with a wooden dowel and small ball pin hammer to free up the nipple. Maybe three table spoons of fluid leaked but but breached right back up to the tractor then.

I've never had the pleasure of having to bleed down an attachment in case the breach/hose would have required replacement. I know it's just routine grunt work to do but the thought of having to bleed lines etc scared me a bit on the frustration and time-consumption factor alone as I'd put the BH down in my truck garage stall. So it would have thoroughly been in the way until repaired. I was really happy when that nipple played free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk