Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee

tlefire

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100, L2350, L2501
May 18, 2017
talladega alabama
WoW. 1000 lbs ballast. Other than adding the back hoe accessory (I wish!), What would you use to get up that high on weight? I don't think any of the ballast boxes would do that.

Ref the flow regulators. Can you point me to some sources? Ive not been able to look in the right places so far.
This....980 pounds. Really makes a big difference.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

joeds

Equipment
L2501, BX25D, Grapple, Box Scraper, finish mower, bush hog, Grading Scraper
Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee
This....980 pounds. Really makes a big difference.
What are the dimentions? Looks to be roughly 2' x 2' x 2'. Am I close?

Did you use bags of concrete or made it part of a concrete pour from a truck?

tlefire

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100, L2350, L2501
May 18, 2017
talladega alabama
What are the dimentions? Looks to be roughly 2' x 2' x 2'. Am I close?

Did you use bags of concrete or made it part of a concrete pour from a truck?
I can't remember the exact dimension, but 2x2x3 I think. Held 12 bags of quikcret. I couldn't get the local cement company to pour it, even taking it to their business. Said I would have to order 1 yard of concrete.

Asked about trucks coming back, what do you do with left over concrete. Said they dump it in a big hole.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
There is a problem.

Most people gripe about the loader working too slowly. Just so you know, Kubota does read these forums. They have people that do it and send the gathered info to corporate and engineering and sales. Anyway, so they "speed them up", and/or add lifting capacity--which was always another gripe for a lot of folks. But keep in mind, this is a small "hobby" tractor with basic features. If you need better features, the GRAND L series is available, though I'm not sure even the Grand L's have an adjustable drop speed (don't think so-but it might be an option). To get true and better control over the hydraulic functions, a tractor would ideally be designed more like an excavator or skid steer, using a pilot operated variable displacement pump, but that would be a total (and very expensive) redesign of the entire tractor's hydraulic system, which would then put the standard L series considerably more expensive than their competition, that is, unless the competition were to do the same thing, then they'd all be back to a level playing field--at least until one of them decides to cheap out somewhere else.

When I did more JD stuff in the 1990's, the speed of the loader on some of the 70 series CUT's were "adjustable" by using a drop-in restrictor. Well some customers found out that a dime fit in there just as easily and was "more adjustable" by drilling a hole in the dime of a different size. Some guys liked 1/16. Some liked 3/32". But the problem in doing that is that restriction causes pressure buildup which creates heat, so one has to be careful not to heat the hydraulic system too much.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Counterweight, counterweight, counterweight,,,,, did I mention counterweight? Get it on there before something bad happens! A backhoe attachment, loaded tires And a heavy box blade, concrete in a barrel anything that weighs near as much as lift capacity or what ever the manual specifies as adequate, and get use to the controls of your new machine so your able to feather them.
I get my mother in law to sit in the 3pt dirt scoop

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Back on topic, I recently bought an L2501. I find the loader to operate very quickly, more quickly than any of my three other Kubotas. After running the L2501 for a couple of days, I used my MX4800 yesterday. I couldn't believe how slow the loader seemed to operate. But even with the 2501, I find you can control it well enough. My only "ballast" are the filled rear R4 tires and a york rake on the back. Picked up 800lbs pretty well.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland

Slingshots1

Equipment
BX2680
Sep 9, 2021
Southern Indiana
Is there any way to adjust loader drop speed on my L2501?

I'm having my rear wheels come off the ground sometimes when lowering a load of gravel if I am not super careful on the lever. And of course once you start down too fast you back off on the lever and it jerks, which causes you to accidentally, jab the lever again! Almost cartoonist to watch.

It really is touchy. Not like my other tractor. Just wondering if somewhere there is an adjustment to slow down the descent a little. It would be nice to have one like there is on the 3-point.

Rear AG tires are filled by the way.
Everybody seems to be missing the KEY POINT
Counterweight has nothing to do with it
The problem is - - The Loader Comes Down Too Fast
I have the same problem -
Just traded in my BX2350 for a BX2680
Been running a loader on a BX for 15 years - - I know how it should operate
This loader speed is just WAY TOO FAST !!!
It also, will not lift the front tires off the ground
Thinking the hyd pressures are wacked

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
The problem is - - The Loader Comes Down Too Fast
It also, will not lift the front tires off the ground
Are the lift cylinders single acting? The loader on my tractor comes down really fast, and it won't lift front tires off the ground. The lift cylinders are single acting.