Loader Arm LA340 removal and reinstall trouble

SomerstOrangeMan

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 5, 2023
Somerset, PA
Does anyone remove the loader arms on thier BX23s to mow etc? Its always been a major PITA to me to reinstall, but my late wife insisted she couldn't see or manuver to mow with it on, Today i stuggled for 30 minutes till i got it jammed half on and half off so bad I'm going to have to call a dealer to get it back on. If they can get it back on it will NEVER come off again! Any thoughts, hints or tricks on this?

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
After reading many posts on issues putting the loader back on, decided mine will stay on. Just remove the bucket when mowing.

Reactions: 1 user

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Does anyone remove the loader arms on thier BX23s to mow etc? Its always been a major PITA to me to reinstall, but my late wife insisted she couldn't see or manuver to mow with it on, Today i stuggled for 30 minutes till i got it jammed half on and half off so bad I'm going to have to call a dealer to get it back on. If they can get it back on it will NEVER come off again! Any thoughts, hints or tricks on this?
Usually, loader frames are weldments and as such, they generally don't mate up perfectly. You have to use a BFH, a prybar, and a come-a-long to get them mounted when they are brand new. I don't know of any special tricks but some people believe that suitable foul language and persistence help!

Reactions: 1 users

SomerstOrangeMan

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 5, 2023
Somerset, PA
Usually, loader frames are weldments and as such, they generally don't mate up perfectly. You have to use a BFH, a prybar, and a come-a-long to get them mounted when they are brand new. I don't know of any special tricks but some people believe that suitable foul language and persistence help!
it is not new, but we tried all of the above! Its in a garage so I'm thinking of using my come-along to lift some of the weight off to get it free and get it in place.

SomerstOrangeMan

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 5, 2023
Somerset, PA
After reading many posts on issues putting the loader back on, decided mine will stay on. Just remove the bucket when mowing.
I used to do that, till i watched a video on how to "Quick remove the whole loaders, arms and all. It seemed so easy, but it wasn't.
I think the best move is take off the bucket and leave the rest in place.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think it matters on the person, and maybe the equipment.
I can pull the loader off or reattach it on my L in about a minute.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Same here. The newer L series loaders are a 1 minute ordeal to remove and reinstall. The BX loaders are a little tougher but not impossible. Still pretty easy.

Tricks. Gotta be on flat hard level ground. Use your hydraulic system to put the loader back on and to take it off. When reinstalling, I find it impossible to use the "lift" function to "line up" the main arms; rather I use the bucket tilt function ONLY. Using the lift function just moves the arms and oftentimes the arms move at different rates which screws up the whole program and makes you want to say bad things.