Little attachments for my little kubota

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
I am pretty new here, just got my first tractor in late May B7500. I have be 4en going over the tractor itself fixing a bunch of stuff and mostly read here. I did quite a bit of research on some things to put the tractor to work on my 20 acre spot and with a good deal of patience, managed to score these goodies over the last couple months from CL or word of mouth locally.

Brush Hog - picked up a used Modern Equipment 4ft brush hog for $325. I think the model is Sunshine. I went over it and changed out the gear oil, put new blades on it and it really shreds. I have a 8 acre field that hasn't been hogged in three years and the trees are taller than I am. It is going through them like it's supposed to. I also learned that I hate brush hogging, but it is a necessary evil. I really got tired of begging the neighbors to do it for me and that's one of many reasons I got the tractor.

Box Blade - really nice find on this one - I got a Gannon Earthcavator 50 or 52" off a local for $375. So far I have used it on my long driveway (1/10 mile or so) to flatten and fill potholes and to fix spots where chickens had dug up the rocks or where people with two wheel drives had lost traction. This thing is awesome, so much you can do with it. I am hoping I can use the rippers setting as a kind plow to expand my garden spot and ready it for tilling.

Just got a Frontier 1150 rototiller off CL for $360 that I haven't even unloaded yet. The owner had it hooked up and it works fine, but he used it on a little sub compact green thingy, and had to reverse the pins on the lower attachments. Unfortunately, he also had bent the lower arms, but it can still be hooked up. I will want to somehow heat and bend back the lower connections and put it back how it is supposed to be...

Okay, well that's it. I am really surprised the amount of trouble one of these little tractors can get into. I hope to expand with some more stuff for gardening, such as cultivator, disks and hip buster, etc.

Thanks for looking. There isn't any kind of an intro section here. So thanks for all the help with research. I just sit and wait for the deals and then pounce when the right thing comes along.

Later

Attachments

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Welcome to the forum and nice purchase. It is amazing what can be done, makes you wonder why I waited so long to pick one up!

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
I can see right off you have cats. (side of the front bucket)
Nice of them to mark it as yours right off the bat!
All my tires on every vehicle are cat pissed regularly. I keep the kub in my shop when I don't have an implement on it and the male cats have a kitty door to the shop for wintertime (for same reason, male cats aren't in the house anymore, they like to mark). It's their tractor, I just get to maintain it. I have a giant long-haired orange cat that sleeps on the tractor seat almost exclusively. I am not sure if you have heard of a Norwegian forest cat, but that's pretty much what this thing is. He weighs 20 lbs.

millerized

Equipment
BX22
Sep 19, 2011
Inwood, WV
All my tires on every vehicle are cat pissed regularly. I keep the kub in my shop when I don't have an implement on it and the male cats have a kitty door to the shop for wintertime (for same reason, male cats aren't in the house anymore, they like to mark). It's their tractor, I just get to maintain it. I have a giant long-haired orange cat that sleeps on the tractor seat almost exclusively. I am not sure if you have heard of a Norwegian forest cat, but that's pretty much what this thing is. He weighs 20 lbs.
Have 18 cats myself. (actually, I have 18 masters, I'm just wait staff to them) No NFC's though...not enough room at my current place. Thought about one, but again, no room around the place for something that big. Yet;)

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
This is the cat in question. Wife caught him sleeping on there this AM and he was trying to start it and get to work.

Attachments

sinisterbiker

Sep 26, 2016
US
Cool, looking for a box blade muself. Would love those rear tires on my b7100

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk