Lifting capability of 1840A FEL on M5950?

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4950DT with FEL, L200 with rototiller, RTV900 with winch
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA
Lifting capability of 1840A FEL on M4950?

Is this model similar to other Kubotas, in that the FEL lifting capability is indicated by the model number in kilograms, so 1840 kilograms in this case?
Thanks in advance,
Drew

Last edited:

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA
Well, I can answer my own question now as I bought this tractor today and it came with a full set of manuals :D, which indicate that the loader's limitation is 2200 pounds.
Now to start cleaning her up!:)

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA
Just bought a M4950DT with FEL, BH, Gannon, Flail Mower, etc

Thanks for asking, aeblank, and I've uploaded several photos of this 1985 Kubota M4950DT with 1840A FEL, and some of the implements - the super nice seller also gave me a 3pt spring tooth harrow and disc, but I haven't gotten any pictures of either of those yet.

The tractor was advertised as "needs some TLC" because it has been sitting for 3 years so needs a lot of clean-up, has a dead battery, needs brakes, and the FEL is not operating at all for some reason. PO assures me that the FEL was working when he parked it 3 years ago so hopefully that is not a big deal to fix.

She's got about 2700 hrs total, and he's owned it since 1999 but had a fairly small property, so didn't use it much, he only put about 200 hours on it overall.

My initial plan is to sell the BH and flail mower as I really don't have any use for them, plus this purchase was not pre-approved by the household financial officer, so recouping some funds is a high priority at this time.

I'll be working on her tomorrow (the tractor, not the HFO, lol) and hopefully can get the loader working so I can have everything trucked over to my property by next weekend and start playing with it.

Thanks again for your interest,
Drew

Attachments

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Re: Lifting capability of 1840A FEL on M4950?

Wow! That old girl is barely still orange! Spent some time outside... :). I'm sure there's many years of work left in her, once you get everything working again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

zapper

Equipment
B2650 Cab model, BX2370, pallet forks and dual remotes, box blade, rear blade,
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
Nice tractor would love to see more pics and updates you do.

Drewdaman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 3, 2015
Descanso, CA
Pics of new-to-me M4950DT (rare "albino model", haha)

Thanks for the interest, guys, and I've attached some more recent photos - she's about 1/2 cleaned up, I'd say, and no longer looking so much like an "albino Kubota", lol :D!

And I got the power steering working today by adding hydraulic fluid to the power steering tank.

Next up is to get the loader / PTO / brakes working, I've ordered new suction hoses and o-rings for that, along with all new filters so I can get all the deferred maintenance done asap.

Oh, and I posted photos of the spring tooth harrow and the disc the PO gave me, and for some reason the 3PH is (apparently) mounted backwards on the disc, I wonder if he ever used the thing?

Drew

Attachments

Last edited: