Lift Rod malfunction on my 3 point hitch

GreasedMonkey

Aug 13, 2017
Varina,Va
Does anyone know how to completely disassemble the lift rod? It's the type with the little crank. I can't figure out how the long bolt with one of the gears on top comes out the bottom part that actually hooks to the 3 point hitch? I've got the parts break down & it shows one of those little spring pins in the bottom of the long bolt! HOW DO YOU GET IT OUT???? It's inside of the tubular piece that attaches directly to the hitch????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Does anyone know how to completely disassemble the lift rod? It's the type with the little crank. I can't figure out how the long bolt with one of the gears on top comes out the bottom part that actually hooks to the 3 point hitch? I've got the parts break down & it shows one of those little spring pins in the bottom of the long bolt! HOW DO YOU GET IT OUT???? It's inside of the tubular piece that attaches directly to the hitch????

GM,

what machine are you referring too? B? BX? L? and if you can - post a picture and then we can help!;):)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Looking at your picture - are those roll pins? Or small screws?

CAN you place the lower half in a vise - pull away as hard as possible and then crank?

The last tooth might be foobared up - and by pulling, it might grab the next tooth.

YOU say you replaced the top?

Attachments

GreasedMonkey

Aug 13, 2017
Varina,Va
No these holes are one grease fitting and the holes the little bar that flips down over crank so it doesn't spin while not in use! I know how to disassemble the top portion & have Inspected both gears & replaced one. It's the bottom half I can't figure out? Somehow the wish bone type piece has to come off because the long screw exits out the top. The parts break down show a pin in the bottom of the long screw but it's inside the tubular piece welded to the wish bone

GreasedMonkey

Aug 13, 2017
Varina,Va
No these holes are one grease fitting and the holes the little bar that flips down over crank so it doesn't spin while not in use! I know how to disassemble the top portion & have Inspected both gears & replaced one. It's the bottom half I can't figure out? Somehow the wish bone type piece has to come off because the long screw exits out the top. The parts break down show a pin in the bottom of the long screw but it's inside the tubular piece welded to the wish bone

The only thing I don't understand about the top portion is there's a cap on top that has to be removed so the long bolt portion can slide through! Hard to tell if it's just pressed in because on the parts break down looks like threads yet no place or grove to grab or spin???

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If there is a roll pin in the threads, there is probably a way to get it to align wit the hole in the upper tube. Is the a matching hole on the opposite side of the top tube? If so the pin can be driven out from one hole through the other. Clean grease out as much as possible and see if you can see the threads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreasedMonkey

Aug 13, 2017
Varina,Va
The hole you see in the tube is just where the screw goes that hold that sleeve to protect the threads on the long bolt or screw that also goes in the bottom piece! I had the lift rod partially disassemble prior to taking the picture & just slapped it together so you could see what I was talking about! Wew sometimes it's hard to explain simple stuff in writing

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thread the screw all the way down to remove the roll pin.
the cap on the top will knock out if you remove the gear on the shaft, and drive the screw up.
The cover on the top will come of just needs a little motivation. ;)

GreasedMonkey

Aug 13, 2017
Varina,Va
I've screwed that bottom piece all the way up & down a dozen times. It bottoms out at the bottom? Don't see any possible place to remove a roll pin?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you can't get the bottom roll pin out, there is no way to fix it.
That is unless you cut the bottom off.
Or maybe drill a hole and drive the pin out. ;)

Last edited: