Let it snow . . .

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Confucius say: "Get snowblower cheap in August - before snow flies and they get stupid pricy during the blizzard."

I've heard Bing Crosby echo between my ears all day with, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow . . ." Seriously, last winter we had more snow here than in many years and I got tired of taking forever to clean my driveway. My PTO output is still within the power range of the blower, even if it is nearer the bottom of the range. I just figure it's still easier than shoveling 500 yards of driveway and a ton of parking space.

It's just a suspicion I have, but I figure that the precipitation trend over the next few years in this part of the country is on the upward swing again after so many drought years. This time I'll be ready.:D

Attachments

Last edited:

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Looks good.
I would not worry too much about being at the low end of the hp range. It just means you have to take it a bit slower than the big boys.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Yep, you jinxed it. no, more snow for you. You bought something to take care of it easily. :D:rolleyes::D

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Yep, you jinxed it. no, more snow for you. You bought something to take care of it easily. :D:rolleyes::D
Oh ya I agree. Shouldn't have bought that blower. All your going to see now is rain all winter. May has well take the cutting edge off the bucket and attach a squeegee to it :D

All jokes aside you got a nice machine there. You'd be very surprised just how much snow that will move. I put a blower on my buddies BX2200 and it was awesome. The one thing you will need is a power chute deflector. I used a linier actuator on my buddies and it worked perfectly. He just hits a switch and it changes the deflection instead of getting off the machine to adjust it.
You have a nice unit there. Come on snow ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Where in the name of Alfred E Newman do you find these good deals??? I look and all I ever get is,, Awww man you should have been here last week

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
I am thinking that is my next "add on" for my B3200 ..... F*%k you snow!
I am sure you will love that thing come snow season, in Eastern Ontario we are almost guaranteed a crap load of the white stuff too!

mccash40

Equipment
BX2360
Sep 4, 2011
queensbury, ny
Nice! Did you have a problem with the weight? My BX2360 says maximum weight on the 3PH is 375 lbs. Also the ground clearance. Does it lift OK? I would like to get one for this winter. We usually have a ton of snow here in the Adirondacks.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
I don't think it's too overly heavy. My salesman and I took the chute off and loaded it into my Escape between the two of us, so it can't be that bad. I have a loader on my BX, so that helps counterweight the blower on the back as well. The only thing I found is that I had to shorten the driveshaft 2" to allow enough slip distance. Your BX2360 has more HP than mine, so it should run it just fine, but you may have to shorten the shaft as well. It lifts just fine, but again I have a loader.

As for power accessories on it Wildfire, maybe next year. I don't have a shop at home to work in, so I wind up doing my stuff at the shop I work at on Saturdays. That, and this year's been kind of a write off for me in other ways, so if it works manually this year, great. My friend with a bigger rear snowblower on his big Massey said he wouldn't do this without a cab, but I don't want to cab it. I'll just be mindful of the wind.

I heard they were Canadian-made for Kubota, that doesn't scare me at all. Both the name and origin are fine by me. While I'm no fashionista, I still prefer to color-coordinate my tractor all orange! :D

Last edited:

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Wow that is beautiful, I am very very jealous