Left side brake L3301.

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
The park brake warning lite on the dash stopped working at about 28 hours. I have to crawl under it to grease the brake shaft so I am looking at the switch. Made no adjustments to any thing just cleaned a little mud from the switch and pushd it in and let it out a few times. then it sat for about a week, I hit the left brake and I have nothing. Is like I got to the pad and greesed it up too.

Any Idea before I crawl under there again.

While this tractor has some nice feathers I wish I had stuck to my guns with the wife and got the other Orange tractor.

Has a wider stance so is more stable, My stach of 1500 pounds of wheel weights would fit it too. plus saved $11,000 too.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/se.../media/123724188705/medium/1517056933/enhance

:D Al

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The park brake warning lite on the dash stopped working at about 28 hours. I have to crawl under it to grease the brake shaft so I am looking at the switch. Made no adjustments to any thing just cleaned a little mud from the switch and pushd it in and let it out a few times. then it sat for about a week, I hit the left brake and I have nothing. Is like I got to the pad and greesed it up too.

While this tractor has some nice feathers I wish I had stuck to my guns with the wife and got the other Orange tractor.

Has a wider stance so is more stable, My stach of 1500 pounds of wheel weights would fit it too. plus saved $11,000 too.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/se.../media/123724188705/medium/1517056933/enhance

The brakes are wet brakes, so no matter of greasing linkage is going to effect that, something else is going on with it.
If it's under warranty, and at 28 hours it should be, take it in and get it fixed, that's why you have a warranty!

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
The dash warning lite for the park brake stopped working at 28 hours.
The tractor has nearly 57 hours on it now and is why I was under it to grease those fittings.

So to get the brake working again I need to load the tractor on a trailer and drag it 35 (aprox) miles to the dealer and wait god knows how many days to get the repair done.

No one here has an Idea what happened to the left brake when I waas pushing the plunger of the brake switch to make sure it was free.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
The first thing I would do is trace the wiring from the switch up to the main wiring harness to see if it there is a break in it. Check the alignment of the metal tab on the brake pedal is engaging the switch. Have someone sit on the tractor with the key on and you push the switch in to see if the warning light comes on.

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
You guys are just to funny. I have tractors from 1938 to 1965 and not one have a park brake warning lite in the dash. any one with a bit of common sence should be able to tell the brake is locked.

that switch is all I messed with just to see if the plunger was set up.

The real issue is the brake for the left side no longer works after pushing and pulling the stupid park brake switch.
I want the brake to work.

I could care less about the dash warning light.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada

set a price and hold on I could be very interested as im sure others are

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
At 57 hours the brake is not working yeah call the dealer it is under warranty they need to follow up on it. I understand most of us would rather fix things our selves because that's what Dad did and Granpap did and there is no reason we cant do it. It is still under warranty, let the dealer do what you have already paid him for. It may turn out to be nothing, or maybe something you dont need to fool with, have the knowledge or tools to fix. Do as you will my friend, just MHO

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You guys are just to funny. I have tractors from 1938 to 1965 and not one have a park brake warning lite in the dash. any one with a bit of common sence should be able to tell the brake is locked.

that switch is all I messed with just to see if the plunger was set up.

The real issue is the brake for the left side no longer works after pushing and pulling the stupid park brake switch.
I want the brake to work.

I could care less about the dash warning light.

AL,
You are complaining about an indicator switch for the parking brake and then how playing with that switch has caused the left brake to quit working.

Well here is going to be some harsh words for you that your not going to like, and it' going to go against what you think you know.

#1 the little plunger for the parking brake light has Zip, Zero, Nadda, Nothing, to do with the physical operation of the brakes.

The parking brake lever only locks the left side brake when you don't have the pedals locked together, so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you've run the tractor with the parking brake on and burned out the left side brake disks.

AND Please stop yelling at us!

Last edited:

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
OH it is going to get sold. Probably be many years when the depreation has melted down.

Since many of you have never read the full first post. You have no Idea of the problem.

The tractor was working fine for what it is except that dash warning light when parked for the 50 hopurs service. Even the brake was working yet after the grease job and a bit of pushing and pulling the park brake switch the brakes are not working on the left side of the tractor.

Thank you for the responce on this problem on a Tractor I rate as one of the worst I have every bought and some were almost 50 years old when bought.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
OH it is going to get sold. Probably be many years when the depreation has melted down.

Since many of you have never read the full first post. You have no Idea of the problem.

The tractor was working fine for what it is except that dash warning light when parked for the 50 hopurs service. Even the brake was working yet after the grease job and a bit of pushing and pulling the park brake switch the brakes are not working on the left side of the tractor.

Thank you for the responce on this problem on a Tractor I rate as one of the worst on the market today.

From reading the first post it looks like there was nothing wrong with your tractor to begin with except the Park brake warning light, then after greasing some linkage and fiddling with the switch you now have a light that still don't work and now no left brake? right so far? The switch, as NIW pointed out , has nothing to do with the functioning of the brake so that is another problem that it looks like you created when under there greasing things and otherwise messing around. The park brake switch on the other hand, has to work if you ever need to do a parked regen. if you simply want to clear the 50hr maintenance light scoll around until the hrs are showing in the panel then hold both buttons down till it clears.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Sorry I didn't get the problem you were having the first time I read your post. Here is a illustration of the parts that work the brakes.

I would look to see if ether of the parts marked 210 have come out and see if part mark 160 is still in place on the left brake.

I'm not sure where else to look.

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your L3301 and hope this helps. The drawing is for a L3301DT, I'm not sure if you have a DT or HST. This information wasn't in your post.

Attachments

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Couple points to make here. And some may not like them, but tough, I'm gonna mention them anyway. I am not a politician; meaning I don't tell people what they want to hear.

So if I'm reading this right, the tractor was working fine before you climbed underneath to grease those two fittings and to mess with the brake switch. Afterwards, the left brake is not working. Well...if it were me...I'd climb back under it, remove the grease you put into it and then re-break the switch, and it should work correctly again, right? Is that what you're saying?

Greasing the shaft and the inoperative indicator switch have NOTHING to do with the left brake, other than lubrication. Absolutely nothing. I know these tractors fairly well and this is the very first I've heard of this issue. The inoperative switch is not uncommon. Lack of greasing isn't going to hurt it either. There are tractors (L3301's and 3901's) out there with THOUSANDS of hours on them, those fittings underneath have never been touched-one that sticks out in my mind doesn't even have those fittings (broken off) and everything works properly.

Either something else was done to make the left brake not work, or there is a defective operator/maintainer. Or both?

Next thing I want to point out is that IF your brake linings are worn off on the left side, Kubota probably isn't going to help you. Brake and clutch linings are specifically non-warrantable. Why? Because they are wear items. Just like tires. They wear out. If the park brake is left on, it's gonna wear the lining off of the disc. And all tractor manufacturers are the same way. I know because I've worked at (and ran) dealers who've sold/serviced/supported them. SOMETIMES they'll give you a one-time goodwill but that's a shot in the dark type of situation.

Seriously I don't believe there's anything defective about the tractor based on what I'm reading in this post. I think the issue can't be solved by a mechanical repair. I've seen this type thing happen too many times in the almost 3 decades of working with folks and their equipment, and occasionally it's impossible to fix the problem no matter what color the tractor is. Just my opinions, for what they're worth.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
AL,
You are complaining about an indicator switch for the parking brake and then how playing with that switch has caused the left brake to quit working.

Well here is going to be some harsh words for you that your not going to like, and it' going to go against what you think you know.

#1 the little plunger for the parking brake light has Zip, Zero, Nadda, Nothing, to do with the physical operation of the brakes.

The parking brake lever only locks the left side brake when you don't have the pedals locked together, so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you've run the tractor with the parking brake on and burned out the left side brake disks.
What Lugbolt and North Idaho Wolfman have both said, operator locks the brakes down but they are not locked together....the left one gets the pressure and wears out.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Check to see if the roll pin #90 on the parts breakdown is missing. If it is your pedal is just pivoting on the brake shaft rather than moving the linkage. Greasing your shaft may have contributed to the loss of LH brakes but diddling your switch had no effect on the brake failure at all.

BlueRiver

Equipment
1994 TLB 35, 16", 24"buckets, forks, 8' blade, rototiller
May 25, 2015
Whitehorse, Yukon
"you've run the tractor with the parking brake on and burned out the left side brake disks."

I'm that idiot.... Kept backingup with parking brake on, forgeting to release. Now the left rear wheel is not turning freely.

What are my options??

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
"you've run the tractor with the parking brake on and burned out the left side brake disks."

I'm that idiot.... Kept backingup with parking brake on, forgeting to release. Now the left rear wheel is not turning freely.

What are my options??
#1 go on KubotaBooks.com and download the WSM (aka service manual), have a clean flat spot and tear into it and fit wat got messed up! :D

If you need help along the way just ask! ;)

BlueRiver

Equipment
1994 TLB 35, 16", 24"buckets, forks, 8' blade, rototiller
May 25, 2015
Whitehorse, Yukon
#1 go on KubotaBooks.com and download the WSM (aka service manual), have a clean flat spot and tear into it and fit wat got messed up! :D

If you need help along the way just ask! ;)
THX Wolfman. Am goin down the rabbit hole today. Was worried it was to "heavy" of a job, but it's only a 35 Hp tractor. Fun in the sun, woo hoo!

Where is best place to post my progress? Was looking for thread about Burning out brakes?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
THX Wolfman. Am goin down the rabbit hole today. Was worried it was to "heavy" of a job, but it's only a 35 Hp tractor. Fun in the sun, woo hoo!

Where is best place to post my progress? Was looking for thread about Burning out brakes?
Start a new thread on it! :D

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA

Alleypooper I suggest you read your entire post carefully and try to pretend #1 that you did not compose it and #2 that you are a complete stranger trying to help, but all you are given is the post; as is. I hope you will agree that your description should have been proof-read and clarified before sending because it does not make much sense. :rolleyes: Also, what color are the feathers?
Jim@MilkyWay

Last edited: