Land Pride snow pusher on BX25 has solid pin, no zerk..?

unclejunk

Sep 15, 2017
Albany NY
I bought a Land Pride SPL0560 snow pusher 2nd hand for my BX25 last season (toward the end) and used it a few times. It works great, but I realized when I hooked it up this year that the center pin doesn't have a grease fitting like the OE kubota pin for the OE kubota bucket. I checked the fitment on the OE pin, and it is about 1/2" short on the LP snow pusher.

The person I bought the push box from had a quick attach, so obviously he didn't need a greaseable pin. Land Pride doesn't show a greaseable pin in their parts manual, but their specs say that the push box can be pinned like a factory bucket or used with a QA.

Should I be running a pin with a zerk fitting in this situation? Or do the hours and temps that I'll be operating the push box not really necessitate a greaseable pin. I'll probably put 15 hours max on it this winter with the push box in temps between 10-40 degrees Fahrenheit, and I obviously have SOME grease on the pin.

Maybe take the pin out after a few hours and re-grease it manually..?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I bought a Land Pride SPL0560 snow pusher 2nd hand for my BX25 last season (toward the end) and used it a few times. It works great, but I realized when I hooked it up this year that the center pin doesn't have a grease fitting like the OE kubota pin for the OE kubota bucket. I checked the fitment on the OE pin, and it is about 1/2" short on the LP snow pusher.

The person I bought the push box from had a quick attach, so obviously he didn't need a greaseable pin. Land Pride doesn't show a greaseable pin in their parts manual, but their specs say that the push box can be pinned like a factory bucket or used with a QA.

Should I be running a pin with a zerk fitting in this situation? Or do the hours and temps that I'll be operating the push box not really necessitate a greaseable pin. I'll probably put 15 hours max on it this winter with the push box in temps between 10-40 degrees Fahrenheit, and I obviously have SOME grease on the pin.

Maybe take the pin out after a few hours and re-grease it manually..?
I wouldn't worry about it, it does not get much movement and very low hours of total use.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
I literally logged in to ask people if the Land Pride snow pushers were worth it, or if I should look at other makers. So I'm going to hijack your thread just a bit. When you were buying, did you look at other options, and why did you pick the Land Pride? Also, did you consider the heavier SPL10 version? Did you get the pullback blade and are you running the pusher with all metal edges or are you using rubber?

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I literally logged in to ask people if the Land Pride snow pushers were worth it, or if I should look at other makers. So I'm going to hijack your thread just a bit. When you were buying, did you look at other options, and why did you pick the Land Pride? Also, did you consider the heavier SPL10 version? Did you get the pullback blade and are you running the pusher with all metal edges or are you using rubber?

Definitely factor in the length of your driveway and whether you will need to back blade. The idea of a snow pusher is nice, but in reality, they rarely beat out an angle plow for efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I wouldn't lose sleep over no grease zircs, particularly in light use. Either grease the pins when installed, or use a spray type lube every once in a while. I personally like spray chain lubes, which work well on chains, sprockets, pins, and ball / socket applications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I "paint" the pins with never seize, even when they have grease fittings. The never seize protects the metal from rusting, and as a result, I have never had a pin that I couldn't get out. I have had some pins that just won't accept grease, and have had to manually clean out the old hard grease, and install a new fitting.

unclejunk

Sep 15, 2017
Albany NY
Thanks for all the replies everyone; much appreciated!

I got a decent price on it; lightly used from someone fairly local, so that helped with my choice. I don't have many good dealers around me for tractors or implements, so I didn't look around too much in person.

My SPL05 has the pullback kit on it, and a metal cutting edge, but I am on gravel for the time being so I have modified the cutting edge by slipping a piece of 2" pipe over it (slit and welded in a few spots). I had this same cutting edge set up on my plow and it worked WAY better on gravel than it sounds like it could. I wouldn't choose the SPL10 over the SPL05 for a BX; but I wouldn't rule it out if I needed one and there was one local. The SPL05 is plenty big and heavy enough to do the job, I can't see needing more. I actually wanted the 4ft wide model if I was going to buy new so I could use it on the sidewalks.

I previously had the kubota brand dozer blade/snow plow with hydraulic tilt (I forget the number), but I didn't really like it for my application. The snow pusher is exactly what I needed.

I live in a small city, and own two buildings next to each other. There is a long narrow driveway between them (60ft long, less than 11ft wide) that opens up into a parking area for 3-4 cars out back. The other building (7 unit) is on a corner lot and has off street parking for approximately 15 cars along the side, perpendicular to the building, as well as parking for 4-6 cars, plus space for the dumpster, etc in the back. I have space to put the snow for these two buildings out back, but I have to get the snow back there. This is where the push box is so much more efficient than the plow blade; relocating and stacking the snow.

My big issues with the front plow/dozer blade:
- When angled it would push the tractor off track too much, with far less snow than you would think it should (I keep the BH on for weight, so that's not the issue)
- It didn't push much volume straight on before it would pile up and roll off to either side. This is a problem for me in the driveway area, because I have no option to angle the blade. And also a problem in open spaces because you can only windrow so much with a light BX machine.
- It can't stack snow in a big pile (not much vertical lift).

This meant I had to make lots of passes, and although it worked, it seemed excessive and was sloppy. It also meant I started to run out of space if we got multiple storms in a row without a thaw.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
So how much better is the pusher than just using the loader bucket with some edgeguards?

I assume your frustrations with the front plow blade would also apply to a rear blade? I'm still struggling to figure out what I want to buy for snow, and am seriously considering going for a front rotary broom setup as most of our snows are minimal.

How much did you end up paying for the used SPL0560? I don't even know the new prices on the Land Pride pushers.

unclejunk

Sep 15, 2017
Albany NY
So how much better is the pusher than just using the loader bucket with some edgeguards?

I assume your frustrations with the front plow blade would also apply to a rear blade? I'm still struggling to figure out what I want to buy for snow, and am seriously considering going for a front rotary broom setup as most of our snows are minimal.

How much did you end up paying for the used SPL0560? I don't even know the new prices on the Land Pride pushers.

People have been using buckets for snow removal since they started making tractors, and they are probably fine. I feel like the push box is significantly easier and cleaner to use. Plus you have a cutting edge that is replaceable vs beating up the OE bucket. If I had a long driveway I would consider the plow or rear blade. For open spaces, the push box is the way to go. If I had all blacktop/concrete I would get a snowblower with hydraulic chute.

I'm in upstate NY, so we get moderate snow here. Sometimes a few days in a row of 2-4", and sometimes we get dumped on 12-24" in 24hrs. We average 52" per year.

I remember paying about 400 less than what my dealer was offering, and I saved the tax. I think I might have paid 800 and dealers were asking 1200 + tax + 4 weeks since they didn't have any in stock.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
Does the SPL05 have a means to clamp in a rubber edge for the main and/or pullblack edge?

You mentioned wanting a 48" one at first. After using the 60", do you still think a 48" would suite you better? Any issues with the 60" being too big on your BX? In my area we have 60" wide sidewalks - would your 60" box work on that or would it be too hard to keep within the bounds of the sidewalk? I wish there were a 54" option...

unclejunk

Sep 15, 2017
Albany NY
You'd have to modify the pull back to add a rubber edge up top, as the edge is welded to the whole top section.

On the bottom edge, you can remove the steel edge and I believe they sell a poly or a rubber version that bolts in place. Uses normal cutting edge/plow bolts.

I think the 60 is probably the right size for a bx25d. I think it would be tough to keep the 60 in the lines of a 60" sidewalk; I think it would be tough with the 48 on 48" sidewalks too, so I'm not actively hunting for one. I'd like to TRY a 48, but I think i'd end up swapping back to the 60 to save time plowing the open spaces.