Land Pride SBR72

Gamehunter

Equipment
L3800,LandPride Mower, Ford Flail Mower, Green Tiller
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
I have my Kubota L3800 and am looking to put a new Land Pride 1566 tiller behind it and I am looking at the Land Pride cultipacker. Can anyone tell me how well this one would work, it seems a little light but I am in a sandy loam soil so it may work for me. I am doing food plots in tight spaces so the 3 pt may work well and I may be able to fabricate a one pass unit with tiller instead of the disc unit like Land Pride shows with it on their website.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think just the tiller would work well enough for sugar beets and food plots, run it through several times. I see no need for a culitpacker after the tiller has been through it

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
I've been looking at that myself for preparing game food plots. I like the look and fit of the land pride cultipacker, but as you said I think it's a little on the light side at 442 lbs for a 72" cultipacker. On the other hand, I've also been looking at the Everything Attachments 72" cultipacker for roughly same price. The everything attachments model weighs in somewhere between 700-800 lbs. So for me (B2650) I think that might be a hair too much weight. What to do... what to do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gamehunter

Equipment
L3800,LandPride Mower, Ford Flail Mower, Green Tiller
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
I do like the Everything Attachments 6' Cultipacker and it sure will be heavy enough. As I watched the video my concern is the rollers have no flex to them to give each wheel it's own tracking, so if you hit a rock it lifts all the wheels where as my older Packer the wheel slop allowed for some forgiveness so other wheels maintained ground contact. I do have a Kasco no-till with a small packer the same weight on the back and it seems to do fine so maybe Land Pride's will be fine also.
I really like the 3pt on both of them, it will allow to get into some of the tight spots I encounter with my plots. If any one has experience with these packers please chime in.

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
I do like the Everything Attachments 6' Cultipacker and it sure will be heavy enough. As I watched the video my concern is the rollers have no flex to them to give each wheel it's own tracking, so if you hit a rock it lifts all the wheels where as my older Packer the wheel slop allowed for some forgiveness so other wheels maintained ground contact. I do have a Kasco no-till with a small packer the same weight on the back and it seems to do fine so maybe Land Pride's will be fine also.

I really like the 3pt on both of them, it will allow to get into some of the tight spots I encounter with my plots. If any one has experience with these packers please chime in.

Did you ever decide on a particular cultipacker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk