Land Pride RB1560 backblade skid shoes?

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone have any experience with the add on skid shoe kit for the RB1560? Mainly wondering if they’re worth the price for snow removal on a concrete driveway when there is not really enough snow for the snow blower? Will they help with not marking up the concrete vs the blade by itself?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Shoes generally concentrate the weight of the blade over a smaller area, and will still likely scratch concrete. Their only advantage is that a shoe doesn’t have an aggressive edge like the blade.
My previous snow use rear blade was a lightweight 7ft County Line blade that was reasonable on blacktop, but hard on concrete. I recently replaced it with a Land Pride rb2684, which is about 2x the weight. The edge was too hard on any surface for snow plowing - shoes or not. I ended up putting a 1.5” thick polyurethane edge on the blade for this winter. Hopefully I will get a few years of service out of it.
Concrete and steel has never been a good combination, but perhaps if the shoes have a large surface area you could get away with it.