Land Pride grapple on the BX.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well wifey bought me a new Land Pride grapple and 3rd function kit for the BX. I took the day off and did the install. I was very impressed with the quality and the speed of it operating.
Looks like it's going to be a nice addition to the BX.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Pure envy my friend :eek::eek::eek:
Can your Wifey talk to my Wifey-Poo PLEASE???????? :D:D:D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOW I'm shocked Paul bought something this time! Well Mrs. Short did but you installed it! I think I foresee a Speciality made quick-con for the loader coming up...

Wildfire

Equipment
Pure envy my friend :eek::eek::eek:
Can your Wifey talk to my Wifey-Poo PLEASE???????? :D:D:D
:D I'll see what I can do lol.

That is one sweet setup!
Thanks!

WOW I'm shocked Paul bought something this time! Well Mrs. Short did but you installed it! I think I foresee a Speciality made quick-con for the loader coming up...
Ya sometimes there's no point in reinventing the wheel so we bought it. I had it in my mind to design and build a complete aluminum grapple for the BX until Land Pride came out with this so I figured I'd get it.

I spent two weeks off and on last fall building a grapple for the 5740 to add to its bucket so this time I went this route with the grapple and 3rd function set up.

I'm taking the week off to spend in the shop so it's a Kubota week for me. Next phase is to convert the mechanical thumb over to hydraulic and that will start today ;).

Kubota already took care of that one ;)
Yup. Your right. When the BX25-D cam out last year it had some new optional features such as optional back hoe thumb and FEL quick hitch and it's got them.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
So I have a question for the Master. With the 3rd function for the grapple do you think it can be adapted to control a hydraulic ram for the shoot deflector on a front mount snowblower?

Btw. I for one am looking forward to what you have planned for the BH thumb :D

Wildfire

Equipment
So I have a question for the Master. With the 3rd function for the grapple do you think it can be adapted to control a hydraulic ram for the shoot deflector on a front mount snowblower?

Btw. I for one am looking forward to what you have planned for the BH thumb :D
MASTER! ME! :eek: :confused:
I know you kidding right? :D

To answer your question YES. It can be done plus by putting in the third function set up it can be used for other things like a hydraulic thumb ;)
(See new thread I started) http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13519

That being said if you just need a power deflector you could just add a 12 volt linear actuator, a two way switch and two brackets and you got it.

They're not expensive and work very well. I'm after doing a few of them with no reported issues.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WAIT?????:confused:
Mama bought you a grapple:confused:
You didn't work through your lunch hour and build it?:eek:
Ohhhh the inhumanity a store bought thingie on lil killer,,
Ohhh where is the justice????:rolleyes:
Well knowing you my friend, I have a sneaking hunch it aint gona stay stock too long,,,:D

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
[That being said if you just need a power deflector you could just add a 12 volt linear actuator, a two way switch and two brackets and you got it.

They're not expensive and work very well. I'm after doing a few of them with no reported issues.
[/COLOR]

I had one of those. It didn't last a season. Water found its way in to the motor and fried it :mad:

So I was thinking (yes I know that is a bad thing for me to do) using the power off the 3rd function to power a ram.

Wildfire

Equipment
WAIT?????:confused:
Mama bought you a grapple:confused:
You didn't work through your lunch hour and build it?:eek:
Ohhhh the inhumanity a store bought thingie on lil killer,,
Ohhh where is the justice????:rolleyes:
Well knowing you my friend, I have a sneaking hunch it aint gona stay stock too long,,,:D
I know, I know. I'm embarrassed about it too :eek:
But she told me to buy it, she didn't tell me to build it! What could I do? She would have been mad if I didn't get it lol

Listen here my friend. My wife isn't stupid. When I cut down a tree she's the one who picks up the branches and piles them up. She knows this grapple will take care of 90% of HER work :D

Oh your right. It's been modded ;)

I had one of those. It didn't last a season. Water found its way in to the motor and fried it :mad:

So I was thinking (yes I know that is a bad thing for me to do) using the power off the 3rd function to power a ram.
That's to bad. Awful when stuff like that happens. I guess the third function set up would be the way to go.

You come on up with the tractor and between the two of us we'll get one on and test it out ;)