Land Pride FDR Finish Mowers

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Does anyone know if the Land Pride FDR Finish (Grooming) mowers can be rolled around when not hooked up to the tractor? I am likely going to purchase one and will be storing it in my shop. Would be nice if I can roll it around on the shop floor to get it out of the way when needed without having to hoist it up. With the 4 wheels, it looks like you could roll it around, just not sure how free-rolling those wheels are.

Thanks,

Dean

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Does anyone know if the Land Pride FDR Finish (Grooming) mowers can be rolled around when not hooked up to the tractor? I am likely going to purchase one and will be storing it in my shop. Would be nice if I can roll it around on the shop floor to get it out of the way when needed without having to hoist it up. With the 4 wheels, it looks like you could roll it around, just not sure how free-rolling those wheels are.

Thanks,

Dean
Looking at their grooming mowers - they all seem to have the 4 outrigged wheels - it should be able to push/pull easily on any flat surface! Now it might not roll straight!;) Since all the wheels are independent, they will move in the path of the least resistance!:)

chicamuxen

Equipment
L3301dst
Sep 9, 2016
Indian Head MD
I have a FDR mower, and i roll mine around in my garage to store it. It rolls pretty easy in my opinion. Just takes a little maneuvering, but not hard by any means.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I've got the 1660 and yes you can move it. Keep it mind it weighs (mine) over 500# so it's not a fingertip operation. The wheels have a bit of a cant to them so it does have a mind of it's own but you certainly can move it around.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Thanks, everyone. I can handle the "mind of their own" aspect, as long as they will roll ;).
I went and looked at a 1660 in person and the size looks great. Big enough to do the job but not monstrous in my shop. Still gonna' have to move the box blade outside, I think.
The "volunteer" winter rye is starting to get tall in my pasture so I will be wanting to mow it pretty quickly to keep it a bit lower. Fortunately, it's not very thick so it's not crowding/shading out the horse forage I planted. Will be nice when it's all filled in and I can keep it at about 6" tall. I think that rye is always going to grow a bit faster and taller than the forage mix.

Thanks again for the info.

Dean

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Still gonna' have to move the box blade outside, I think.

Dean
If you order a couple of the cheap furniture dollies ($11) from Harbor Freight you can roll that box blade around too. And if you buy 3 more you can build a frame and put your FEL on wheels too.

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I've got the 1660 and yes you can move it. Keep it mind it weighs (mine) over 500# so it's not a fingertip operation. The wheels have a bit of a cant to them so it does have a mind of it's own but you certainly can move it around.
That sounds like mine. If I had to move it more than once a year I'd rig up some sort of clips to lock two of the wheels (front pair or back pair) to make them point straight forward or backward. Then I could steer it like a cart with two fixed and two swivel wheels. It seems to go OK after it starts in the right direction, but when reversing directions it's a bear.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been thinking about something like the dollies. Even with the ability to roll the box blade to a different spot in the shop, it might be destined to move outside. Only so many places to roll the various pieces of equipment to. Although... if the riding lawn mower has given up the ghost like I suspect, there might be some real estate there. Then, dollies would be required because it's in a spot I can't back into very easily.

Good suggestions. First things first... get the mower :)

thanks,

Dean