Land pride 48" finish mower for bx25

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
I am thinking about trading in my 2006 husquvarna riding mower in that to use weekly to buy a land pride finish mower for the bx. I just wonder what eveybodies thoughts are if it's a good Idea or not. My thought was it gives me more seat time on the bx. Any comments would be helpful good or bad.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not a bad way to go :) looking into the same thing but going with a 60" deck. I'll have to keep my mower though, got a few spots where the tractor won't fit. But going from from 5 gallons of gas to a couple gallons of diesel and cutting my time down is a big motivator :)

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
It's a 1400.00 money difference just not sure it's a great move . Going to sleep on it. The thing that gets me is dealer has the bx already for warranty repairs and I have to go pick it up when it's done so it's really tempting

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's a 1400.00 money difference just not sure it's a great move . Going to sleep on it. The thing that gets me is dealer has the bx already for warranty repairs and I have to go pick it up when it's done so it's really tempting
Yup, truck and trailer all ready there ;) the main thing is whether your comfortable spending the money or not. I've looked at a few other models, haven't had a chance to check out the lp yet, or the price for that matter. I have had a couple cases of sticker shock though:rolleyes:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'd put the $1400 into a good rear blade for snow removal. You want swing or offset, and rotation. 60" would be a good match for the tractor

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I am thinking about trading in my 2006 husquvarna riding mower in that to use weekly to buy a land pride finish mower for the bx. I just wonder what eveybodies thoughts are if it's a good Idea or not. My thought was it gives me more seat time on the bx. Any comments would be helpful good or bad.
Hi Wrencher I also have a 2005 husq 48" deck and a bx2660 54" deck. If you have steep hills you might find the bx a lot tippier ( if that's a word) than the husq but the bx is a lot more fun and pulls up the hills alot better. Good luck in your choice Barry

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
I already have a honda snow blower with tracks and love it so the blade is not a need at this point. I have noticed that the bx is a little unstable on some inclines, but not a real issue I'll just mow up and down the hills. I really don't use the mower a lot maybe 1 hour a week to cut that part of the grass. It's an 06 with 100 hours so I don't use it that's for sure. Basically buying this to use the bx more often.

Ky Kubota

Equipment
'13 BX2670, FEL, 60" MMM, Land Pride RB1560 rear bladeLand Pride RTR 0550 tiller
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Hi Wrencher I also have a 2005 husq 48" deck and a bx2660 54" deck. If you have steep hills you might find the bx a lot tippier ( if that's a word) than the husq but the bx is a lot more fun and pulls up the hills alot better. Good luck in your choice Barry
I already have a honda snow blower with tracks and love it so the blade is not a need at this point. I have noticed that the bx is a little unstable on some inclines, but not a real issue I'll just mow up and down the hills. I really don't use the mower a lot maybe 1 hour a week to cut that part of the grass. It's an 06 with 100 hours so I don't use it that's for sure. Basically buying this to use the bx more often.
Wheel spacers will cure the tippy feeling. Have a set of 2" on my BX2670 and it is like night and day in the stability.